Gaming BS of the week

Before or after Schrier called him "provocateur"? :D

Before or after Schrier called him "provocateur"? :D
Nah just BS the whole interview YongYea should've been more harsh.
Mr. Schreier speaks from a very.. ignorant and arrogant point of view. He seems so willing to be able to criticize Yong Yea but it seems he's unwilling to actually accept critiques towards himself. Secondly he seems unwilling to accept no matter how he states how he is 'fighting for rights of gamers' his intention to insult the gaming community like he has in his tweets and articles while defending practices that are deliberately preying off of the people he claims to fight for. This isn't a crusade or a bunch of people screeching as he likes to make it out to be, him saying we're screeching shows he would prefer to discredit our needs rather then listening to them. He comes off as being stuck in his own bubble living in a fantasy land and shouting furiously anytime someone mentions something that isn't pleasant because he doesn't want to hear another persons feelings or opinion if its negative to his viewpoint or fantasy.
Jason speaks for "the industry", Yong speaks for the Customers. If I worked in the industry I'd be listening to Yong to keep in touch with what my customers want. If I listened to Jason I'd find myself in front of more booing crowds.
Judging from the comment section seems like I saved myself an hour and a half of rage by not watching, sorry Yong but I hate Jason too much to listen to him talk over you for that long. I never liked Jason from the time I heard about him when he was proudly leaking Fallout 76. I can't stand leakers. He's also so smug and arrogant, I don't like his voice or his politics, I also hated his recent comments in defense of AC. All in all I knew this interview would be a disaster. I do have a lot of respect for Yong for at least trying to have a productive discussion with that rat.
Why that hack gets a platform is beyond me. The sad thing is, he is exactly the way i imagined him to be. People like him are exactly the reason why the industry is in the shape as it is in. Blaming the consumer, who has no voice and barely no power, because its hacks and shills like Jason that actually condone and support this behavior, instead of speaking out against it, and then blame the consumer for not just going quietly along with it. And i don't care that Jason has written exposition pieces about some companies, i wouldn't be surprised if those were handed to them to weaken positions internally in those studios, sanctioned as ammunition for power struggles inside these companies he is reporting on. Because... quite frankly, based on his showing here, i cannot see how he ever would do any of that for the consumer. And to me that is why he fails at his responsibility. Its the media that should be providing a check to the power of the companies and not turn around and blame the consumer for it. Its really about time these websites go out of business that people like him will actually be at the mercy of the consumer and need to do what they are supposed to be doing and champion for the consumer and not for these companies.

At first glance this bs from M$ insider program (win10 testing) is not connected to gaming:
https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/microsoft-ads-windows-10-mail-app,news-59447.html
Nothing is safe from the inexorable crawl of ad-based marketing, and Microsoft has provided yet another example of that by releasing a Windows 10 preview build that includes ads in the operating system's Mail app.
Mail reportedly shows interest-based ads in the latest version of Windows 10 released to members of the Windows Insider Program. That means Microsoft is using what it knows about its users--it doesn't appear to be scanning anyone's emails--to show ads it believes are relevant to them. This is a common practice, but that doesn't mean everyone's comfortable with it, especially when the ads pop up in communications tools.

It's possible to opt out of these interest-based ads via Windows 10's settings. But the ads won't disappear entirely; Mail will just display a generic advertisement instead. The only way to get rid of these ads is to subscribe to Office 365--even if someone's using Mail for Gmail or some other email service. That means users either have to put up with the ads or pay for a productivity suite.
Noone can be sure if this will go in live version of win10, but I bet it's a market test/experiment before integrating the bs within win10 xbox idiocy and M$ store.

Next step : Ads in games.

Quick someone show Ubisoft this video.:cool:

Is that a joke? Lemme quote Vavra on these wannabe historians from seemingly the same place - the last tweet. Wouldn't surprise me it's the same person from that dialogue seeking now attention with AC Odyssey.

pic.jpg

Completely different from Kingdom Come Joxer. Nice try though.:biggrin:

I completely 100% support that video and it's message.:thumbsup:
Remember, guys. It's just a game. I'm sure all the parents who bought it for their 10-year-old kids will take the time to explain Greek history and culture properly. And if they don't, surely the state run schools will. I hear they even explain to White children how innately racist and evil they are.
So many people in these comments don't seem to know the difference between "Historical Fiction," "Life Embellished," and "Alternate History."

Historical Fiction is fiction that could have reasonably occurred in the actual time period in which it is set. Life Embellished is fiction that is meant to be set in our world with only a few differences. Alternate History is fiction that is meant to be set in what our world would be like if there were major differences in the timeline. One of foundational ideas of both Historical Fiction and Life Embellished, is that the world is exactly like ours except where otherwise stated. This allows the writers to build a deep story without having to worry about the nitty-gritty details of world building. Ubisoft explicitly markets Assassin's Creed as though it were Historical Fiction with a dash of Life Embellished.

The world of Assassin's Creed is meant to be our own, with powerful Precursor technology and a shadow war over their tech added on top of it. However, when we see people that look like they're from Sub-Saharan Africa in ancient Greece, or promiscuous Spartans, or female mercenaries, all with no explanation, our suspension of disbelief is broken because they break the most foundational rule of the genre: it's like reality unless otherwise stated.

If Ubisoft were to advertise Assassin's Creed as Alternate History and be upfront about the supernatural stuff, like how humanity was created by powerful Precursors, or the shadow war for their tech, or the mystical monsters in the games, people wouldn't be so put off by the historical inaccuracies. It would be clear and evident that it was meant to be a world very similar to our own, but not actually our world. It's not that we have a problem with representation in games. What we have a problem with is lazy writers breaking the rules of a genre with no explanation, ideological writers putting their personal ideals above good storytelling, and cheap developers not putting in the legwork to make their games (and the worlds those games are set in) internally consistent.
I clicked on this for "lol sjws" but got a history lesson on Ancient Greece. Thanks man

Last edited:
The day ads start appearing in current games is the day I just live in the past and stick to classics.
Micro-payments very much look like in-game ads to me. Must be one of the reasons I don't touch those games with a ten-foot pole. Sticking to normal games works for me, the backlog is big enough as it is.

So EA is having a sale like everyone else... So you have a choice (if you want DA):
DA game of the year (which include base game and 3 dlc and content packs) 9.99
DA Content Pack (which includes 3 dlc and content packs) $15.99.
--
Hum....

Loot boxes again. Believe Joxer mentioned this before?

new what...

More like the end of eveything PC.

Get use to games like Pillars which I am fine with as it is one of my fav. games.

I have said in many post you won't see cyber punk until these new consoles are released...which will be the end of gaming for me.

Side note i have lost a lot interest in the last 5 years anyways. I will replay games i have always liked and new games...well zero real interest, with the exception of a few.

Side note i have lost a lot interest in the last 5 years anyways. I will replay games i have always liked and new games…well zero real interest, with the exception of a few.

I have a similar problem.

I think it has something to do with me getting old, and newer games being made for a different audience than I was part of.

But my backlog will keep me happy for a long time. ;)

I like cats - well some cats - not all cats are equal - well maybe equal under the law if there is a law for cats - but not equal in other ways - but in any event I hope he didn't drown them...

I think it's bullshit you don't get the full set of cards when you buy Artifact.

DOTA cards could be fun. Why don't they cater to their user base who doesn't like to buy into scams?

The problem with digital pvp card games is nonexisting trading. Physical cards you don't need for example in Yu Gi Oh real world you can sell on ebay or cardmarket.

Which makes all those digital ccgs - plain gambling. As you need to buy packs. Buy buy buy, lootbox into random generator, never gift or sell a specific card.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Obsidian's bs:
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/obsi...-generally-youre-going-to-have-a-lot-of-bugs/
During his presentation at the University of California Riverside, Roby Atadero – Senior Programmer at Obsidian – shared some really interesting details about the bugs that players encounter in most modern-day games. Atadero basically confirmed what most of us already know by now; that most developers do not have enough time to address the majority of bugs as publisher want to meet their deadlines.
Seriously? So Nier Automata bugs that still aren't patched on PC after a year are there because developers did not have enough time due to whatever deadlines.

Incompetence in organization isn't not having time but mismanaging the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom