Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - Funded

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Geneforge 1 - Mutagen has been funded on Kickstarter and achieved its first stretch goal.

Geneforge is Funded! First Stretch Goal Met!

Spiderweb SoftwareCreator
February 18, 2020
The first five days of the Geneforge 1 - Mutagen Kickstarter have been very eventful! We funded in less than 24 hours. Even better, we have already made the first stretch goal! We will be adding a new creation to Geneforge, and we will be letting all backers help to design it.

We have added two more stretch goals: Professional sound design and an Android tablet port. We didn't get there for the Queen's Wish: The Conqueror Kickstarter, and we wanted to try again.

Thank you all so much for your support. We already have a good start on this game, and we're going to spend the next year making a really interesting remaster worthy of the series.

- Jeff Vogel, Spiderweb Software
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Looking forward to this. Geneforge was my favorite series of all Spiderweb's games, and I know I'm not alone in thinking this. Very cool lore, unique concepts, etc.

exactly !
For me it is the best of them all.

I'm glad they hit their goal, but I didn't kick into this one having learned my lesson the last time around, I will be grabbing it on day one via great old games.

What lesson was that, Carnifex?

What Txa1265 said, and also that they almost lowered the bar with the funds they raised for the prior project, rather than raising it. It was still an excellent game, don't get me wrong, but that was a seriously missed opportunity for greatness.

This is one of the reasons why I did not back it. Another is that I can't see significant differences to the original to warrent backing this (I even prefer the less cartoony old graphics).

There is a bunch of close followers on the KS for this game that seem eager for the $100k stretch goal for an android version of Geneforge 1, which to me seem excessive and nothing more than exploiting the fan base.

That the game will cost less to buy it at full retail on GoG than to get the same digital copy from the Kickstarter.

That's fair, but I don't think people support KS games for the discount. If they do, they're making a big mistake IMO.

Dude, I'd *love* an Android version of Geneforge 1! I still play Escape From the Pit on Android even though it's no longer supported. Jeff's games translate very well to large tablets and are a blast to play while laying in bed with some nice music playing. :)

I don't think I've every played a game while lying down. I typically use my bed only for sleeping and try to play vertical as much as possible. I have a desk that alternates between standing and sitting just so I can keep my musculature from totally decaying.

I loved Geneforge 1, but found the rest of the series too similar to the first game to keep my interest. That's almost always the case since Exile 3. I loved Ex1 and 2, but the rest were repeats of too much content.

Since Gen 1 is playable on Win10, I'm not sure why I need a 5% incremental difference game.

When Jeff starts using the Unity, or Unreal engines (or similar), I'll consider buying a remastered version. I liked the original, but it would need something like the System Shock remake to get any cash out of me!! :)

Back
Top Bottom