Seven Dragon Saga - Classes & Races Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
TSI released the sixth kickstarter update for Seven Dragon Saga with more information on classes & races from Edwin McRae & David Shelley. The game is now 15% funded.

More on Classes and Races

Congratulations, we have filled in the first side of a six sided die -- we have passed 15% of our goal!

Edwin McRae, Narrative Designer, on the Kralik Pitfighter

In the damp forests and jagged valleys of Kralik, the tribes have always fought and bled for survival and the approval of their War Gods. It's said that Kralik children are born with a blade in their hand and that they thirst not for their mother's milk, but for blood and glory! And legends have it that those favoured by the wild Kralik gods can see as keenly as the jungle hawk, move as subtly as the black panther, and sense danger as acutely as the most skittish shadow monkeys.

Whether there is more than an ounce truth to these tales or not, it matters little. The proof is in the witnessing. By their thirteenth year, most Kralik men and women have taken a life in battle. And should they live to their thirtieth year (and few do), a Kralik is truly a martial force to be feared!

Hence they make such superb candidates for the fighting pits of the capital. And what better manner in which to reveal those ferocious Kralik warriors that have been 'touched' by the forces of chaos. What better way to ensure that our Emperor is gifted only the finest of killers? -

Tatzuki, Chronicler of the Empire

David Shelley, Lead Designer, on Races

Our Lead Designer has written up a piece about the technical details of the races of Seven Dragon Saga, to compliment our Narrative Designer's Lore on the Karlik and the Pitfighter.
More information.

Wrote to them about remixing the video: they said KS doesn't allow pitch video modification. Still, lets hope they get the money and can start working on the game. Then with Steam EA funds pouring in it will probably be finished.

I just thru them $95 big ones. After watching the Matt chat of them I had to help them out. I loved SSI back in the day and Fantasy General and the gold box games are some of my favorites. I even enjoyed Thunderscape when I played it.

I have a bit of kickstarter fatigue but I do not mind paying deluxe edition prices for a few games that I want made. The days of throwing companies $500 is over for me though. Unless Jon Van Caneghem would make a Might and Magic game on kickstarter.

They actually say nothing more on classes… it's just about the races.

Funding seemed to pick up a bit.

Yikes. That line graph doesn't look too good to me, knowing the traditional, almost-inevitable doldrums Kickstarters traverse in the middle of their campqigns. It would be a real shame if this game doesn't get made. I'd be more disappointed than I was with Chaos Chronicles.

Unless Jon Van Caneghem would make a Might and Magic game on kickstarter.
Seems most likely to me that Ubi lends him the franchise name for a kickstarter than he would actually have some interest to do it. I would throw loads of money too though :p

Back
Top Bottom