VideoGameAwards 2011 (spikeTV)

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
As you can see on GameTrailers:
http://www.gametrailers.com/event/vga/

They awarded Skyrim with GOTY title. No surprise there. :D
Not only that, but Bethesda won the sudio of the year, etc.

But I must say it's odd that among nominated games in the best RPG category is not The Witcher 2. Deus Ex is there, Dark Souls is there, Skyrim is there and it won it btw… And the fourth nominee is? DA2!
OMG, that's the game nominated for best RPG? And TW2 is not? Should I throw up? :)

EDIT:
As noted by some others as an odd nomination:
LA Noire is a console exclusive and it still got nominated for best graphics?

Ok, I'm happy a RPG got the GOTY, ofc, but those nominations are fishy. Cheesy. Pick a word. :)

Last edited:
That's like asking me do I trust gamespot's scores. ;)

Uggh, I admit I didn't know that. And seems I'm not alone. Thanks for clarification on that one.

Yeah, I held the package opf LA Noire in my hands the other day. This game does exist. For the PC.

Ok, ok, if it's so graphically astonishing I might give it a try… Although I kinda avoid nonRPG.
If anything remains after I spend what I've set aside for GOG's halved sales in next few days. ;)

It was released with surprisingly little fanfare on PC, so it feels like a lot of people missed it. It is almost as if they did not want the PC version to sell well…

Same like Drakensang 2 in the U.S. , I suppose ... They're basically creating a self-fulfilling prophecy : "Games don't sell on the PC platform" ...

I'm fairly certain that Spike GotY awards are based on sales figures, so it's really hard to take seriously when just about every title up for nomination is one that has sold pretty well to this date. Notice the lack of PC games? I think that may also be an indication.

I watched the award show on spike tv. They mentioned ps3, xbox360, and consoles several times and never mentioned the pc. Problem is Microsoft pushes the xbox 360, Sony pushes the ps3 but no company pushes the pc for gaming.

I don't begrudge Mario winning the "Lifetime achievement" thingy, but here's hoping TPTB have sense enough to give this to M&M "Real Soon Now".

Did you really expect credibility from Spike TV?

This. To be hones I've stopped looking at "awards" and "reviews" with interest a long time ago. Most of them are never accurate and they always tend to favourite a certain game and company.

The reason you don't see TW 2 is probably because it was not released on consoles yet and it's a hardcore game even by today's standards. If you look on youtube for ex. all the COD commentators that never ever played any RPG's before are doing Skyrim walkthroughs and they all say "OMG BEST RPG EVER".

Back
Top Bottom