Gothic 3 Xardas and the King: Argumentative Discussion

Who do you think deserves to die?

• Total voters
i had a lot of differences in my two endings since the choices and actions you make in the entire game affect all the different 'screens'. for the record i was a champion of innos (though not a true paladin as i learned no magic) my first game as well even though through my trials in the game i would have liked to have chosen adanos. i followed the path of adanos though in the 2nd game and became a druid which fit me well as i only learned magic and alchemy skills as well as weilding a staff. while many of the endings were similar i noticed quite a few more changes.

if they ever patch all the broken skills i plan on making a third go at the game though following the path of beliar might be hard as i rarely play that end of games. like wulf the stories intrigue me and i plan on trying to unravel them all though my way is the mathmatical approach of mapping them and trying to understand their meaning after i place them all in some kind of formula. (from what i made my character in nwn2 and actions i've learned i pretty much am in the 'neutral good' category though. its hard to relate those alignments to the gothic world, but i can say that i never much had much 'faith' in innos's teachings or followers, i can remember all the arrogance of the fire mages in every single gothic. their were water mages in the first gothic but no real story on adanos, or beliar really, just the sleeper. even though vatras was the only water mage in gothic 2 i liked him better than any other mage so far (putting aside xardas and milten) and was thrilled when i finally got to play the addon. the druids were 'icing on the cake' in gothic 3 as when given the option in games a druid/shaman is what i always choose first.

I never played the addon because it wasn't in any stores around here and I don't do credit cards... could have ordered online via check possibly if I found a site that had the game and offered that payment method, but by the time the addon became possible for me (U.S), I had already moved on and uninstalled Gothic 2 to play other games (since I had already beat Gothic at least twice). I very rarely ever do addons/expansions for any game regardless of how good the game is because of the waiting period in between the game and the addon/expansion. My only regret is that I may have missed out on some of the story by missing out on the addon/expansion.

a whole bunch. i too never ordered the german version and held out as long as possible. i had gotten the uk version of gothic 2 so the time between was huge for me even though i played through gothic 2 3 times over a year or so. but it was nice to revisit the world and there is a fair amount of story and quite a bit more improvements. relative to the 'which gothic is your favourite thread' i don't think half the people who picked gothic 2 as their favourite would have chosen it had they not played the addon and thus included it in their basis of choice.

and i haven't voted as i don't think rhobar should be slain but i do think he should be dethroned at the very least and possible put on trial and or exiled/thrown out on his ass {{for the champion of innos his actions are insanely cowardly, siting in his tower why his paladins are slain and his 'subjects' enslaved. i found his story about his premonition of it all how he sent you in the colony for he knew you will kill the sleeper far too hard to swallow. i don't think i could ever 'buy' that as anything more than him seeing 'you' as his only option and hoping that by sucking up and giving you what little he has to offer you will take kindness on the old man and help him for the good of innos}}. i liked lee from the begining of gothic and wish there had been a different ending possible to it all. but i guess the 'harshness' of choices/consequences are what makes it gothic...

i wanted to explan yo guys abiut what i understanded about the gods from the previous games but i didn't read all the thread because it has spilers (as SirDeity said)
so you'll have to wait until i play Gothic 3:lol:

You don't have to leave the Orcs and Hasshians in charge if you want to return peace to the land by killing Robhar and Zuben, you can still free the towns of the influence of Beliar.
So you can have the good ending (imo) and still return control the the Mrytianians and Nomads, even Restoring the Fire Chalices if you wanted to help keep peace in the future.

Back
Top Bottom