Gothic 3 Solo mage after a decade break :)

Welll, turns out if i want to have meteor i need to choose god. Is it ok to choose a god that early in the game? Do you know a fast path to choosing god?

Btw, firewave is a good spell but easily interrupted. I might be getting summon deamon after all.

Summon Demon is excellent. I'm running right now with just lightning and Demon; best combo I've experienced. Demon to gather aggro and very fast lightning to snipe at a safe distance.

Firewave and Frost wave were very disappointing and I went back to an earlier save to undo them. They don't work when you need them.

Frost and fire wave also get on my nerves. But The Meteor is what i want to have :) i will see the prerequisits for lighrning and maybe i will grab that spell too. I will have enough LP anyway and i dont like to optimize my toons /well maybe to a degree/ but i like to have fun and variety. I couldnt have gone so far with FB only as it is boring for me. But with FB an IL its another story not to mention the fact that IL did get me out of trouble on several occasions where FB just wouldnt cut it for me :)

edit: i got mana to 240 now and regen is quicker. Looks like regen rate is dependant on overall mana pool size. Cool :)

edit2: ok...another discoovery regarding dmg of fireball...i set difficulty to hard :) when i get back to medium fb all of a sudden does more dmg ....ehh...but there is no going back - its hard from now on.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I just thought i would share my mage development briefly :)

First, when on hard difficulty /from clvl 30/ i had to redefine my approach as spells that pwn on easy and are decent on medium now dont even seem to be working :( e.g. fire wave, ice explosion …so basically im reduced to fireball and icelance and now i find myself using IL more, esp when facing several enemies. I developed tactics of icelancing to freeze from faraway an fireballind to kingdom come ;) im still trying to get the hang of demon. Must try tame animal and icewave.

second, on hard every piece of defence counts. I struggled real hard but managed to get adanos robe - better stats then druid robe. I got improved robes. And i pumped mana a little so that i could get rid of mana staff and rings and now im wearing defence staff and rings. Funny thing…i just realized my hp is still at 200 so i got it to 240 and i will work towards 300 quickly.

now i will learn open locks as it looks like staff of invulnerability cannot be bought, can it? So i have a list of magic chests and i guess i will be opening all of them now.

Cheers!

I will start my new mage playthrough next week and i have 1 question.
With AB on, wouldnt it be better to get Quick Learning skill asap but not on lvl 2 or 3 by using tablets? If i get it asap it might save me 5-10 LPs (not sure how many AK i need) but saving all tablets for after learning the skill will save me more, right?

I meant saving for after reaching the 250 threshold

Back
Top Bottom