Greedfall - Gameplay Overview Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new trailer for Greedfall showing some gameplay has been made available.

GreedFall shows off RPG features in massive Gameplay Overview trailer
August 07,2019 GreedFall shows off RPG features in massive Gameplay Overview trailer GreedFall, the latest RPG from Spiders studio, takes you on a journey to the mysterious and uncharted Island of Teer Fradee. Forge your own destiny when the game releases September 10 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. In a new Gameplay Overview Trailer, Spiders and Focus Home Interactive give you a tour of the numerous features that mark GreedFall as a core RPG with player choice at its heart.

Creating your character and picking your starting skills, attributes, and talents is just the beginning when it comes to carving your own path on Teer Fradee, whether you choose to specialize or be a jack-of-all-trades. In addition, the deep crafting system allows you to customize equipment, tailoring their look and stats to suit your playstyle.

When resorting to combat, you can approach it in your own way: subdue foes with heavy weapons, use your rapier to parry and riposte with flair, or control the battlefield using traps and magic. The optional tactical pause menu allows you to choose your next moves strategically. Your party members will follow you into battle, but keep in mind that they are people with their own hopes, goals and motives. Say or do the wrong thing and their loyalty to you could waver, or even turn entirely.

Your decisions will shape the future of the new world and the old, and so GreedFall provides you with the freedom to make them. Don the armor of an enemy faction to pose as one of their own or use your diplomatic talents to influence the powerful elite; these are just some of the opportunities you'll be given in GreedFall.

GreedFall releases 10 September 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Pre-orders are live now on all platforms.

More information.

Looking so good, hope the actual experience is even half as good as it looks.

Also getting released just in time for me to install on the new PC I ordered that should be here at the end of the month.

So many interesting games coming out between now and 2020.

This looks nicer and nicer with every new piece of info they put out.

Looking so good, hope the actual experience is even half as good as it looks.

Also getting released just in time for me to install on the new PC I ordered that should be here at the end of the month.

So many interesting games coming out between now and 2020.

What kind of PC did you get? I might be getting a new PC around the New Year. Always like your modded out Skyrim and Fallouts.

Its a power hitter PC as lots of new games coming I wanted to max out - plus its been a couple years since the last one (and I gave my spare to a friend whose PC had died). I will put the specs in a spoiler tag for those interested :)

48481183667_f01bb9b466_o.png

System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish

Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Internet Access: Wired PCI-E ASUS XG-C100C (10 GbE) (1x RJ45 Connector)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Power Supply: 1000W Digital Storm Performance Series (Fully Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards)
Chassis Fans: Corsair HD Series (RGB) (14 Fans Total)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Display: MSI 31.5 inch MAG321CQR Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response) (2560x1440)
Keyboard: Digital Storm MasterKeys Lite Bundle (RGB) Keyboard & Mouse

Back on topic - the more I read and see this game the more I like. At the moment more excited over this than 2077 as I like being able to be in third person and usually prefer fantasy themes. I only hope I can side with the native (locals) faction as I think that would be fun. Really curious about the factions, the companions, and how far you can go with them.

Most likely combat or magic user based on what I have seen.

That being said been excited over a game before and been disappointed … still hopes are high for this one.

That PC looks like it means business. ;)

Business? That PC looks like scifi… WGD I remember your previous PC was also cca $100.000 worth and you gave it to a friend… Can I be your RL friend too? I mean my PC could die in about a year, y'know, we can discuss the exact date.
:D

On topic, I've posted already in another thread about my eagerness to play it.
I need the game now. Can they release it somewhat earlier if preordered? Please!

I'm not sure what the fuzz is doing on the females, but I hope it is optional. Looks dumb as fuhk. Outside of that, I like what I see.

I believe it's because some people asked on steam forum can you play as female (and use different character creation possibilities), if there are female romances of different varieties and if the world reacts to MC's gender differently.
So anyone can see answers on those, at least partially, in the video above.

Partially means, we don't know if the party can be all females (should be possible, but who knows), we don't know if females have several voiceover sets (there is one for sure, but unknown if there are more), etc
Same questions go for males too of course, but well, you don't seem interested in that. :p
Maybe I ask on steam forum can males wear pink tutu? :D

All I know is that I'm gonna play "dirty". :evilgrin:
And all I need is them to release the damn game already.

I have mixed feelings after seeing that video. I didn't realize this was a party-based game until now. I also don't care for the HUD - There are too many numbers and bars floating around the screen.

On the other hand, I really like the creature design. Style-wise, it reminds me of Piranha Bytes, and they've shown some really cool looking monsters. I also like that there's stealth...although I don't find stealth as immersive when you have AI companions following behind you.

Dear heavens! Romance in the game!? Damn. Excitment bar level has dropped way low. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Ahoy there, sailor!

I was the other way around. When I saw the romances my excitement level kicked up twofold! I really like companions in games.

Gameplay for sure looks much more intresting than AC4 Black Flag.

Party based took me by surprise as well. Anyone know if it's possible to play it in RTWP fashion or is it more just action and the companions kind of do their own thing?

There you go. Many players will like the romance aspect in the game.
I am more like,lets get things done. No time for kisses! :)

Companions are fine,as long as they are fun to be with,and have a good background story perhaps. And are useful of course. But,in my case,I would like to be left alone.
Perhaps,you can go alone in the game.
Keeping the game on the radar,only now,it is on the lower shelf.

Party based took me by surprise as well. Anyone know if it's possible to play it in RTWP fashion or is it more just action and the companions kind of do their own thing?

That's what I want to know as well. But judging by their previous games, I assume that the companions do their own thing during combat (unlike DA:O where you can have control over each companion) and sometimes contribute to dialogues.

I like the aesthetic, NPCs, diversity of choices, romance and hope they have good writing. It could be a new Dragon Age in a magical 17th century setting. Man, Spiders "Bound by Flame" could have done with better writing and showed a heavy "Game of Thrones" influence and attempted to be epic in a clostrophobic setting, which bugged me. Sigh. I have my hopes up for this....

Oohhh party based RPG! My excitement just went a notch up. May buy this on release after all :)

Back
Top Bottom