Risen Frost Lance spell- what's the deal?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Is it just me, or does the Frost Lance spell seem almost completely useless? Can anyone tell me if it gets significantly better with higher levels? I can't see any discernable difference after learning level 2, and it only seems to work (freeze) against certain enemies.

By the end I could freeze anything, and most things took ~75% damage, leaving them a one or two hit kill ... even ash beasts would get temporarily stopped.

Frost Lance is the best spell, imo. You bump it up to level 10 then freeze your enemies, walk up behind them and whack the living daylights out of them. They can't turn around fast enough before you kill them.

Ok thanks, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't broken, like the Bow and Crossbow skills seem to be, before I started pumping more LPs into it.

Strange though, that the level of the enemy doesn't seem to matter as much as the *type* of creature it is. For instance, it won't freeze Black Wolves at all for me, but it works against the much stronger Lizard Men.

Ok thanks, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't broken, like the Bow and Crossbow skills seem to be, before I started pumping more LPs into it.

Strange though, that the level of the enemy doesn't seem to matter as much as the *type* of creature it is. For instance, it won't freeze Black Wolves at all for me, but it works against the much stronger Lizard Men.

I did manged to freeze some balck wolves outside the monsotery at the start of chapter 2. I had level 4 at that time. However the frozen time wasn't enough for me to get right behind them and wack them with an axe. It broke too quickly.

I assumed I'd use Fireball extensively, fortunately I didn't dump too many points, as I ended up using ice & sword or magic bullet most of the time.

I assumed I'd use Fireball extensively, fortunately I didn't dump too many points, as I ended up using ice & sword or magic bullet most of the time.

What level ice did you go up to? When you frereze them how many hit does it takes to kil lthem? Does the damage on the weapon matters when they are frozen?

At low level say 4, fire seems to be better in termns of damage. Is that not the case at high lvls? In others words you think ice and magic bullet better?

Thx

IMHO, it's MM all the way. You can have MM10 by level 16 or so and over 100 mana. At that point you are unbeatable. The next 10 levels you just keep increasing mana to handle the larger crowds, but you will have no trouble with any enemy in the game.

Almost too easy.

What level ice did you go up to? When you frereze them how many hit does it takes to kil lthem? Does the damage on the weapon matters when they are frozen?

At low level say 4, fire seems to be better in termns of damage. Is that not the case at high lvls? In others words you think ice and magic bullet better?

Thx

I was also using the Inferno rune from a distance, then freezing those few who survived, then chopping the rest to bits. I max'd both ice and MM.

IMHO, it's MM all the way. You can have MM10 by level 16 or so and over 100 mana. At that point you are unbeatable. The next 10 levels you just keep increasing mana to handle the larger crowds, but you will have no trouble with any enemy in the game.

Almost too easy.

Almost? I didn't have any fun with combat this way, and without combat enjoyment there is very little to enjoy in the last half of the game.

Almost? I didn't have any fun with combat this way, and without combat enjoyment there is very little to enjoy in the last half of the game.

Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm thinking about trying a mage with frost and fire to slow the progression (two skills to level) and to require some coordination between stopping and then killing. I hope that might be more interesting.

Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm thinking about trying a mage with frost and fire to slow the progression (two skills to level) and to require some coordination between stopping and then killing. I hope that might be more interesting.

That's what I'm doing actually, MM just seemed boring anyways.

Back
Top Bottom