Dungeons Of Aledorn - Development Update

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Dungeons of Aledorn is still moving towards beta and in their recent update a diagram is shown with what will be part of the beta and what not, next to an update to the status of development.

We are beginning with introduction of new location, a temple located in caves. Players will be led to this location by main storyline, but we don’t want to say too much and spoil your surprise. Whether it’s only first version of this temple, and we will work on in in the future, we think, that it’s worth of sharing.

Next topics is focused on herbs (ingredients for alchemy). In Dungeons of Aledorn, there is several biom types a in each of them, there can be differnt kinds of herbs. We have three levels of herb rarity: common, uncommon and rare. Common and uncommon will be randomly generated into predefined zones. Sometimes you can spot even rare one, but amout of them is strictly limited. Reason of that is to lower amount of grinding, because rare herbs are pretty useful and valuable, and they have huge impact. So in real game, it will work like this: location has 10 zones, where herbs can appear, random amount of common and uncommon herbs and precise number of rare hers will be generated in those zones. How it looks form designers point of view is shown in video below.

And what content you should expect in beta? You can experience exploration of several dungeons and some exterior fights. You can visit few towns, loads of interiors, working skills and leveling system. Then you can try simplified camping system and we have bunch of quests prepared as well.

More information.

Yay for an update.
I really want to explore this world. I'm not expecting a triple A experience but really like a lot of things so far.

I keep forgetting that I actually backed this, but I like what I've seen so far and it seems to be progressing nicely.

IIRC this was a Realms of Arkania-style game. The heck kind of video is that though? I didn't watch it but I skimmed and 98% of it is developer menus? Uh, ok.

Anyway, I think @crpgnut; is getting me a copy of this game, right 'nut?

This kickstarter gives the whole concept a bad name, and others of this ilk. The updates are really far and few, I'm really starting to wonder if it will ever actually come to fruition.

This kickstarter gives the whole concept a bad name, and others of this ilk. The updates are really far and few, I'm really starting to wonder if it will ever actually come to fruition.

Would be a shame. I haven't been paying attention but was hoping for another RoA-style game. But if these…"videos"… are their updates…well, that does not seem like a great strategy to get people hyped.

I backed this one, and, yes, the updates I've read in email are not encouraging.

As has been said, updates are few and far between, and the screenshots are all of empty environments, things like tables with candles sitting on them and not much else -- all apparent signs of little progress over a long period of time.

IIRC this was a Realms of Arkania-style game. The heck kind of video is that though? I didn't watch it but I skimmed and 98% of it is developer menus? Uh, ok.

Anyway, I think @crpgnut; is getting me a copy of this game, right 'nut?

Yep, but don't hold your breath. I think both of our copies are behind the release of Grimoire 2.

Back
Top Bottom