What games are you playing now? - Page 639 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

April 16th, 2020, 21:10
I'm playing Last Epoch and Wolcen. Last Epoch is the better game but Wolcen is prettier. Most of Wolcen is still broken while Last Epoch is very solid, but not complete by any stretch of the imagination. Last Epoch is asking for a lot of money for an EA game, but I was bored. It's worth $20 but is asking $35; at least on Steam.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

April 18th, 2020, 13:27
Just got to the end of a replay of Jedi Outcast. The lightsabre combat remains great fun, but I lost interest towards the end this time - I got to the gimmicky level where you take over an ATST and decided I'd had enough. Provided 12 hours of fun though.

Back to RPGs now, going to fire up Pool of Radiance. I'm planning to do a run of the four Pools gold box games, I've never actually played the last two in the series. Might open a diary thread or something to record progress

Pongo

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

April 18th, 2020, 17:03
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
Just got to the end of a replay of Jedi Outcast. The lightsabre combat remains great fun, but I lost interest towards the end this time - I got to the gimmicky level where you take over an ATST and decided I'd had enough. Provided 12 hours of fun though.
Damn I love it from then on out … sure you have stuff to deal with, but I tend to mix riding the ATST with walking through using Mind Trick to get the rocket troopers to attack everyone else and when you have snipers on each side you can instigate a great cross-battle. Then on to some of the best series of combat in the game!
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

April 18th, 2020, 17:07
Ha maybe I gave up a bit too early then! The ATST just felt clunky and not fun to be honest, I didn't think about using force powers from the cockpit d'oh. I'll give it another go later.

Pongo

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

April 18th, 2020, 17:24
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
Ha maybe I gave up a bit too early then! The ATST just felt clunky and not fun to be honest, I didn't think about using force powers from the cockpit d'oh. I'll give it another go later.
Well I replay it every year so have found a million different little things to go through … because the ATST stuff itself (mostly visibility) is definitely clunky!
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
+1:

April 18th, 2020, 20:17
FF7, Underrail, and Caves of Qud.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2020, 23:38
Wow, I'm Mr. Shortattentionspan! I'm playing Balrum again and Last Epoch will be the game I probably go back to after a little Balrum. Wolcen just feels like a WWE arpg. Every single character looks like they take steroids and failed kindergarten 17 times and became a wrestler…um warrior I mean.
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

April 24th, 2020, 00:03
Rotating between Dying Light, Arkham Knight (FINALLY figured out the batmobile dodge but still hate it), and My Time at Portia.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 00:08
I'm playing some Fallout 76.
I'm not hating it.

Though… often it feels like "stash-management the MMO". Seriously, even trying to sell your junk requires hunting for resources to bundle up the junk and then as a side-effect you have MORE junk, and modifying my power armour requires nuking an area to create some special junk which means I have to go through the execrable end-game stuff to collect that junk and… and…
Then the bloody thing disconnects and I have to repeat the last 20 minutes of bullshit that I barely survived last time…

Oh well, maybe I do kinda hate it.

However, it is quite pleasant just traipsing around, exploring stuff, ignoring other players (I hardly ever see them anyway - why bother making this full MP?), and leveling up.
Wastelanders content seems to have proper quests n consequences n shit, too, which is nice.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 00:59
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
I'm playing some Fallout 76.
I'm not hating it.

Though… often it feels like "stash-management the MMO". Seriously, even trying to sell your junk requires hunting for resources to bundle up the junk and then as a side-effect you have MORE junk, and modifying my power armour requires nuking an area to create some special junk which means I have to go through the execrable end-game stuff to collect that junk and… and…
Then the bloody thing disconnects and I have to repeat the last 20 minutes of bullshit that I barely survived last time…

Oh well, maybe I do kinda hate it.

However, it is quite pleasant just traipsing around, exploring stuff, ignoring other players (I hardly ever see them anyway - why bother making this full MP?), and leveling up.
Wastelanders content seems to have proper quests n consequences n shit, too, which is nice.
Thanks for the mini-review. I'll play 76 again I'm sure but I'm in no hurry. I'm waiting for a TempDart or TempAgnan to show up and review it.
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

April 24th, 2020, 23:46
Just started Filament. It's a great indie puzzle game, with a cute story and a fantastic soundtrack. Really worth getting the version that includes the soundtrack.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1137350/Filament/

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

April 25th, 2020, 19:25
Realized Tetris Effect was on the Epic Game Store, so I jumped at it. It's pretty cool. It's tetris, but the music and effects/graphics are in sync with how you're plaing. Pretty mesmerizing. And relaxing.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

April 26th, 2020, 01:07
finally getting around to playing divinity Original Sin, six years after I got it

I'm pretty blown away by it actually, I can see myself being stuck in this game for quite some time!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

April 26th, 2020, 01:13
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
finally getting around to playing divinity Original Sin, six years after I got it

I'm pretty blown away by it actually, I can see myself being stuck in this game for quite some time!
and just think, the sequel is bigger and better. You're set for awhile.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

April 26th, 2020, 10:26
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post

I clocked up 331 hrs on Original sin 1
348 hrs on Original sin (Enhanced edition)
540 hrs on Original sin 2

I have recently reinstalled ready to replay Original sin 2 (Enhanced edition) apparently a lot has been added?.

skally_wag

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 26th, 2020, 11:05
Originally Posted by skally_wag View Post
348 hrs on Original sin (Enhanced edition)
Easy to believe. I'm at around 90 hours right now about halfway through Hiberheim, and I went there before doing any quests in Silverglen.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

April 26th, 2020, 15:55
I'm playing the game called life AKA reality and it sucks right now.

Only a few more weeks till I get a new Pc and apartment.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
+1:

April 26th, 2020, 16:16
You won't wait for new xbox and playstation, releasing any minute now?
I'm doing a happy dance, but some will be very disappointed…
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)

April 26th, 2020, 17:21
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I'm playing the game called life AKA reality and it sucks right now.

Only a few more weeks till I get a new Pc and apartment.
Glad to hear it. I was going to buy you a cheap model to hold you over, but if you're getting something in a couple weeks, I probably couldn't ship you anything quicker.

I'm still playing Balrum, just to stay on topic. Balrum is a rpg/farm simulator/crafting game. On lower difficulties you never really need to farm. On the highest difficulty, you will need everything the game offers to survive. The game is brutally hard on the highest difficulty. I'm kinda shocked Kordanor didn't love this game. The games he loves to rave about are much easier than this one on Grandmaster. Me? I died to a rat and it wasn't even close
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

April 26th, 2020, 19:17
Yeah I'm going to buy a new AMD gaming PC. Yes I know Intel and Nvidia are a better option but my wallet is tight. Thanks for the offer though @crpgnut.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?