NWN2 Ore?

Neverwinter Nights 2

VPeric

Sentinel
I've searched high and low (mostly low, since I don't think there's any ore in the sky :p), but I've yet to find any. Help? I've noticed Duskwood is still on my map after I got the Keep (usually, unimportant areas are removed from my map), so I went there and searched both the caves, but haven't found anything. Help?

Thanks! :)

I've found some in almost every cave or mine area. They are mearly highlighted areas on the walls but you have to mouse over them. I have yet to figure out who to tell about them however.

The miners might be a good possibility!! :)

There are 8 pieces before you get the Keep would you like me to list them?
Honestly you have lost all the ones in Chapter 1 that would be 5.
There are 5 in Chapter 2 and 5 in Chapter 3, iir.

Those were to suttle hints I left Corwin to keep a look out for. ;)

It takes those 8 to get best weapons and 2 upgrades of armor which is rated good (scale or chain) leaving one upgrade for best armor, iir.

I think I could have guessed the mines dear Corwin. ;)
I may have to ask for that list Acleacius, but so far I think I have them all. Others might like it.

Hehe yes that was helpful of Corwin. ;)

Here is the list, don't look!
Omg teh spoilers!

Chap1
Clanhold1 = Ironfist Clanhold. I went there before the bonegnasher lair.
TrollCave = Troll Cave that you find the blastglobes in.
BoneLair1 = Bonegnasher Lair
EyeLair1 = Eyegouger Lair Level 1
EyeLair2 = Eyegouger Lair Level 3

Chap2
EmberWell = Well in Ember. Behind the Rope.
GoblinCaves = Goblin Caves. Door in Ember Well. Ore is near Duskwood Area.
CrossKeep = Crossroad Keep's Tunnel System, on your way to fight Garius.
HighCliffRoad = On the way to highcliff to recruit the lizzy men.
TrueNameMeeting = You meet with Ambassador of Lusken, this area.

Chap3
Wendersnaven - Once you have Grobnar speak to the 2 lunatics in Port Llast and get the map, you will end up here.

MountGala1 - Fire Giant Mountain near Ironfist Stronghold. Follow the path to the left when you get the chance, and you'll see it.

MountGala2 - You'll come to some prisoners. Buncha giants passed them. To the right of the path leading upwards on the far side of this "valley".

DragonsLair - Big Red Dragons Lair off of Mount Blah Blah.

Nolaloth1 - Nolaloths Area. I think it's right at the beginning, near the world map zone. Dont really recall perfectly, since i"ve slept since then.

Nolaloth2 - Nolaloths Area. Near the Crystal Heart.

Was not my orginal list but it is quite useful. :)
I wish there was a way to check the number you have but like alingment don't think there is a way to check it.

Thanks for the list. I feel better, I know I got all of them so far. ;)

Use the "Z" key, it highlights all interactive objects in the area. Every room I enter I use Z and look about, really helpful.

^ I do that, always! Unfortunately, the ore doesn't get highlighted (I suppose since you don't have to click it actually, just merely walk right by it).

I won't swear it highlights with z or not. At least not until you have found it once. But you do have to click it to get it to register as found.

Really?
I never had to click it just walkup to it, though I can't recall if it highlights either and I am along way till I see the next one.

It most certainly highlights. That is how I found out about ore deposits in the first place. I found my first in the Troll cave while doing the Old Orc Well section. It wasn't until I got back to Old Orc Well and met up with the half-orc miner Penin (sp?) that I found out what those slabs were good for.

At first I was certain that I was to use the blast globes to blow a hole in the wall that was highlighted ... I spend more than half an hour trying get it to go bang, so that is why I'm so absolutely certain that ore deposits highlight with the "z" key.

What version are you using, then? I have vanilla, and I'm very certain they do not, in fact, highlight.

I'm using 1.03 Final, perhaps that is the reason?

Why are you using 1.00, 1.03 contains loads of quest bug fixes and performance optimisations :D

The improvements are great. I would highly suggest you download, maybe during dinner or something. I do believe you had to click them for the message, but perhaps that is changed now as well. I found all but one or two before the patch up to this point. And I know I had to click them at first.

He may have to do it overnight or over 2 nites as he will need the 1.02 and 1.03.
You can download those with a file manager instead of trying the auto update system.

I have a problem with Ore as well...I know for a fact that I have found all the ore veins in Act 1 in the Bonegnasher caves and Troll lairs...but when I finally got the keep in Act 2, after only telling Calindra about ore once, I no longer have the dialogue option. Shoulnd't I be able to tell her four or five or however many times, one for each vein of ore?

Also, in the Ember Well I found an ore vein, which I reported. There is another one inside the Goblin caves as you mentioned, but nothing happens when I interact with it. Is it supposed to be this way? I mean, they are two different ore deposits, right? (The one I'm talking about is in the cave nearby Kistrel).

I was going to try and find some kind of command to teleport back into the Bonegnasher Lair (since it disappeard from the map) and "find" the ore veins once again, but I don't know how. How do I use the names such as "EmberWell"...is there a way to teleport there with a console command?

Back
Top Bottom