Druidstone - Releasing May 15th

Eh I agree with both of you. Baldur's Gate did have puzzles but it didn't require rocket science to finish them. The NWN games and various mods also had puzzles.

The only time I was bothered by puzzles was in games like The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep, and Might & Magic X: Legacy. You needed to draw maps & solutions.

The only time I was bothered by puzzles was in games like The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep, and Might & Magic X: Legacy. You needed to draw maps & solutions.

I agree... but if the rest of the gameplay is solid enough, I'll put up with them. Legacy was worth it and I'm hoping this game is too!

I am also not a big fan of puzzles and I loved BG1 and 2 and replayed both dozens of times. Sometimes a game is good enough you just have to deal with the few aspects you may not like.

So hopefully the puzzles in this game won't be too frustrating and the rest of the game will have some other things I like.

I would agree that Bard's Tale Four overdid it a bit with the massive amounts of various puzzles, but I'll just have to hope this game doesn't take it to quite that level. If they do, I'll whine but suck it up.

Back
Top Bottom