Indiegogo Games - Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Kordanor spotted a crowdfunding campaign for the dungeon crawler Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle:

What is "Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle"?

Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle (the final title may change) it's the spiritual successor of The 7th Circle.
The story is quite different and some mechanics have changed, but the gameplay core is the same. It will be published during the last quarter of 2019 or early 2020. It will be available for Windows and Linux.

Key features of the game:

• First person dungeon crawler. If you've enjoyed classic CRPG from the 90s (like "Dungeon Master" or "The Eye of the Beholder"), you will like this game.
  • Turn based combat. Take your time, plan your strategy.
  • Deep magic system: learn more than 70 "Magic Formulas" to cast spell and use resources to empower your magics.
  • Survive: search for food, clean water and other resources to craft items, weapons, armours and useful items.
  • A huge map to explore and infinite random-generated dungeons to visit.
  • Improve your skills as you use them. E.G: the more you use an axe, the more you will improve your "Bladed Weapon" skill.
  • Puzzle to solve, hidden areas to find, tasks to fulfill, and a lot of demons to kill.
As main difference between Inferno" and "The 7th Circle, the perma-death system is gone. Now the game has a more classic approach with save and load. And instead of being divided into levels, Inferno is based on a single large map, with a surface and different layers of underground that you can freely explore.
More information.

Hmm. I wouldn't normally back a flexible funding campaign on Indiegogo but this looks really good and the extra cash looks like it's just needed for additional assets. I decided to back it. Hope it turns out well.

They made a previous game - The 7th Circle - which I never heard of before as well as I can't find a review about it

For me it ticks all the right boxes.
The video witht the forest gives it a strong Eye of the Beholder 3 vibe.
I like the turn based combat and that they are working on "cutscenes", which means that this game actually has some story and probably some interesting things to discover.

Surprised this is not getting much attention!

Steam reviews are very positive for their first game, and this looks much better.

Anyone tried the 7th Circle and can comment on comparison(s) to EoB and similar?

Yeah I'd have expected a lot more than four backers for this if it was on Kickstarter. I wonder if Indiegogo and it's flexible funding system is deterring backers.

I haven't played 7th Circle (I only heard of it because of this thread!) so I'd also be interested in views if any watchers played it.

Indiegogo certainly keeps me at bay, I prefer the kick starter model and it's functionality works well, in my opinion. Even though I've recently stopped funding any and all computer games via kick starter, I still sponsor other content like novels, music, and paintings/arts.

This seems to have hit problems. I received an email from Indiegogo cancelling and refunding my pledge with this message:

The campaign did not meet our required minimum amount or didn't comply with our rules about campaign management. You’ll no longer receive any perks associated with this transaction.

Wonder what happened...

I checked the Steam page for 7th circle but no one there is talking about it either and no comment from the Devs that I can see

Back
Top Bottom