The Witcher - Enhanced Edition - Sept 16 (or 19)

Dhruin

SasqWatch
About time, too. CD Projekt has announced the official dates for The Witcher Enhanced Edition and they're just around the corner:
We know that you‘ve been waiting for this all year… and we are not talking about Christmas or your birthday. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, the ultimate version of the best RPG in years is done and will soon be in your hands! We’re serious – we actually finished it. The game will ship to stores on September 16 in North America and September 19 elsewhere in the world.
Shortly after the release of The Witcher, some of the greatest minds in the universe (the developers at CD Projekt RED, of course!) got together and collected tons of feedback from fans and media about the game. They used that feedback to craft a huge list of things they felt they could improve to make The Witcher even better. New inventory, voice-overs, models, adventures, gestures, animations, languages, alchemy and sex cards, as well as improved stability, reduced loading times, and many more enhancements have found their way into the game… frankly, we can’t remember all of the changes. Blame it on the Polish vodka, long work hours, or whatever.
What’s more, we’ve prepared what we think is the richest “standard” edition in the history of games! Together with the game, you will get bonus DVDs with re-mastered “Making-Of” videos, the official soundtrack of the game, the “Music Inspired by The Witcher” album, a game guide, manual, map of the Witcher’s world and a short story from Andrzej Sapkowski. Start clearing room on your shelf now… you get all of that stuff for the price of a regular game.
Oh, one more important thing – because we’re – ummm… well… crazy – we’re giving all of this away for free to anyone who already purchased The Witcher! Yeah, that’s right – FOR FREE!!! Just login on our page and download it directly to your hard drive.
If you haven’t played The Witcher yet, though, keep it quiet! There’s nobody less cool than someone who didn’t buy last year’s PC RPG of the Year. Just head over to the closest store and pre-order it if you can. Buy a copy for your mother, brother, grandpa, aunt, lover and even for that old lady that lives next door! They will love you for it.
So mark the date – September 16 in North America and September 19 everywhere else. Rock on.
More information.

Hmm.. I guess they scrapped the idea of making an intermediate package for around $30. - All the bonus content minus the original game for those of us who already had it. Oh well, guess I'll be downloading for a while. If it really is done then it would be nice if they would put up the downloads now instead of waiting till the 16th. But I suppose that would be a bad idea for selling more EE boxes.

As I thought, it's about time. I wonder when I will have enough time to play games, though.

Back
Top Bottom