What games are you playing now?

Vaporum was really good, and I don't even really care for that style of game anymore, but it was a great deal of fun to play on the computer. I'll likely be doing a replay in a year or so.

Since I completed To Light: Ex Umbra yesterday, I've gone back to the Great Gaias, so far I knocked out one side quest and have re-familiarized myself with the game and system. This time I'll try to complete this game without getting either stuck or side tracked!!

Played Grim Dawn last night with a shaman using a two-handed axe. I'm really thinking this type of game isn't for me.

My games need to be more cerebral in term of gameplay for me to enjoy them.

Because you refuse to play singleplayer games.
What's next year? Destiny?

Well I'm singleplayers games fanatic so… Just got stuck in Grimshade on a boss battle bug - if I'm right it's the final boss in the game.
I killed it and the combat screne froze. Ah well… Wait for the patch, right? :D
Reported it on Steam already.

Just killed that boss but did not encounter any issue. So maybe just try again.
Unfortunately this last was also the easiest boss battle. :/

I put Grim Dawn down and decided to start VtM:Bloodlines with a Toreador. I'm now getting into the house that leads to the worst part of the game (the Nosferatu warrens). I hope I have enough bullets…

I also purchased a month of Humble Bundle to get Assassin's Creed Origins (considering it is still sold at full price when not on sales, that's 82% off for me and I get like 8 other surprise games, bargain). I played about 5 hours of it and I actually like it.

Not a game but another mod called Imperium Universalis for Europa Universalis IV.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679204773
Imperium Universalis is a full conversion mod for Europa Universalis IV. It is set in the antiquity, start year is 612BC/145AUC. At the moment there are hundreds of playable nations and many others you can release or create through decision.

You will have historical, dynamic and random events in the mod, for example weather,slave uprising or olympic games. There are also new features like slaves, inland colonies or the rise of different religions.
Still with Pardox's Imperator: Rome releasing this month I'm set for a while.

Played more AC Origins last night. While people hates on EA for trying to put online stuff in their single player games, Ubisoft seems to do it without impunity…also cash shop (which I haven't open, but the game keeps telling me its there, fuuu).

Although, I don't mind avenging fellow players I don't know and never meet in emergent quests. Beside, I just wanted some croco leathers and the dude died right in a crocodile's lair.

I made it to Alexandria. I love big cities where I can climb everywhere. Wouhou!

Saying that somewhat need more training at the game. I had a side quest to kill a dude, but he ended up running off in the street with his guards after spotting me in his house. I ended up killing everyone but still, the chase wasn't my original plan.

Last edited:
Would you rather play a server based always online live service game like Anthem or a live service game you can switch to offline mode. There's your answer azarhal.

Big difference in what type of live service route a developer/publisher use.

Edit: How to play Assassin's Creed origins offline.
An Internet connection and a valid activation key is required to activate the game. After the initial activation, You can switch to offline mode and play the game offline.

Last edited:
Would you rather play a server based always online live service game like Anthem or a live service game you can switch to offline mode. There's your answer azarhal.

Big difference in what type of live service route a developer/publisher use.

Anthem isn't a single player game and Ubisoft has its own looter-shooter series (The Division).

I was thinking of Mirror's Edge Catalyst when I wrote that and how people complained when they learned that it was going to have a leatherboard and give players the ability to leave messages for other players to find in the game world.

edit: oh and I now understand better why all the new single player games announced this year so far had to go and say they had no cash shop/microtransactions…and that has nothing to do with EA (who has yet to cross that line), yet I've seen people blame them for the trend.

Ah but EA wants to go the always online server based live service route for most SP games, and that is the future of most EA games. Ubisoft learned that lesson years ago.

BioWare for one example has stated Anthem is the inspiration for the next Dragon Age, and that puts a certain image in most readers minds so you cant blame them.

I agree about overreactions but hey that's normal. Still this is probably the wrong thread to discuss this. So I take the blame for derailing the thread once again.^^

Ah but EA wants to go the always online server based live service route for most SP games, and that is the future of most EA games. Ubisoft learned that lesson years ago.

BioWare for one example has stated Anthem is the inspiration for the next Dragon Age, and that puts a certain image in most readers minds so you cant blame them.

I agree about overreactions but hey that's normal. Still this is probably the wrong thread to discuss this. So I take the blame for derailing the thread once again.^^

BioWare has made a grand total of one statement about another Dragon Age game: "we are working on one".

Looks like you think Schreier's article was actually written by BioWare (its the only place with Dragon Age - insider - info). Although, I don't blame you for that, he literally discredit his sources who refute the "anthem with dragon" idea in the article so he can push his speculations.

Anyway, lets stop the derail here.

Well I was going to stop but you deserve a response for that reply.

Nothing to do with Kokau but from Michael Gamble Lead Producer at Bioware.

Well I was going to stop but you deserve a response for that reply.

Nothing to do with Kokau but from Michael Gamble Lead Producer at Bioware.

Might want to watch the stuff you post Couch. All Gamble related quotes in that video is about adding new story content via the new content creation tools they are first using with Anthem and correcting stupid people on twitter who believe that using story content creation tools will magically turns the next DA/ME games into exclusively multiplayer games somehow.

By the way, Anthem content updates doesn't look to be working like he is explaining in that article...lol.

Been playing The Surge and Operencia in the last days.

The Surge is a complete letdown, after 15h in it, dont think i will finish it. Waaay simpler than the souls games, dont really like the setting, annoying map designs, no vendors, no stats.

Operencia on the other hand, so far is the surprise of the year for me, absolutely great game; only 5-6h in it.

I couldn't get into Operencia despite starting it twice. Not really sure why, but the world just didn't pull me in. I also found the combat too simplistic and easy.

Back to playing No Man's Sky for now.

I'm still playing Tower of Time, when I have some free time. I just got to tower's level 6 - the Mana Refinery. I'm really liking this game, I never paid attention to it until Zloth created a Tower of Time thread last November :) I consider it a hidden gem.

Is it really that good as it never interested me even after reading various impressions?

Is it really that good as it never interested me even after reading various impressions?

Couchpotato, I don't know how to put it in your language :) I just… like the game. Its Metascore is 77 and user's score is 7.9, while Steam users rate it as "Very Positive". I would personally rate it around 8.

IMHO the game is good while not being great. I advise you (if I'm allowed to advise anyone here) to read professional reviews and watch gameplay videos, and if you're still on the fence, wait for a big discount to get it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom