Mass Effect - Pinnacle Station DLC Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This seems a poorly handled released but Blue's reports that Pinnacle Station DLC has been released for Mass Effect on both the X360 and PC. There doesn't seem to be an official announcement or even official thread on BioWare's forums but it is listed at Xbox Marketplace for 400 points and, according to Blue's, the PC version on EA's store for $USD5. I can't see the listing, which may be a regional thing, but here's the description:
Test the limits of your combat prowess aboard a remote, top-secret Alliance space station. Do you have what it takes to hold the top spot among the best of the best? This module includes a new land-able space station, 13 exciting combat scenarios, and approximately 2-3 hours of game play.
Required: you must achieve Spectre status before embarking on this mission.
Compete in a series of high-stakes battle simulations to earn amazing weapons and armor that can be used in the main game. Unlock new achievements, and even win ownership of a dedicated base of operations for Commander Shepard. Challenge modes include Survival, Time Attack, Hunt and Capture and even a scenario modeled after the First Contact War.
Features:
• Visit the military training center at Pinnacle Station and engage in a series of combat simulations.
• Players of any level can hone their Mass Effect combat skills, shooting your way to the top in 12 unique combat scenarios.
• Make a bet with the station Admiral in a final 13th mission. The stakes are high, Shepard risks his life and the life of his crew to prove that he is the best of the best.
• Farm your main game achievements in an easy to access combat simulator.
• Player can take their prizes and play with them in the main game. Making your next playthrough easier.
• Combat is more dynamic and fast-paced.
• Combat simulator feels like a holo-deck of sorts, environments and enemies look simulated.
• Encounter Vadinos (Turian) and win his weapon.
More information.

"Farm your main game achievements in an easy to access combat simulator."

Oh great, I can farm. Gee, thanks folks.

"Player can take their prizes and play with them in the main game. Making your next playthrough easier."

Because, after battling through the entire game and learning all the ins and outs of combat, what you really need is for the game to get easier?? I don't need the game to get easier on my next play through, I need it to get harder AND to provide me with something interesting as a reward for my l33t skills.

It's only $5 so it might well be worth the price but this marketing... eeesh.

How old is this game now? I don't even have it loaded up on my computer.

I thought that the DLC was supposed to be free. Maybe that was just for the first one, but why charge now after all these years? What they should do is release it for free to get people like me to load up Mass Effect again. What better advertising for Mass 2 than giving away free stuff?:)

Oh and I highly doubt I'm going to buy this. I'd rather spend $10 on the Might and Magic package from GoG than spend 5 bucks on a game that will maybe add another 2 - 4 hours to the game.

Also, wasn't one of their big advertising pitches was that they'd have free DLC? Maybe it was just that one free DLC, but IIRC they made a huge deal out of it. I always assumed they meant more than one.

Also, wasn't one of their big advertising pitches was that they'd have free DLC? Maybe it was just that one free DLC, but IIRC they made a huge deal out of it. I always assumed they meant more than one.

If you take a look at EA's latest game offerings they've almost gotten to the point of charging $1 if you to change a character's name... almost.

Its really close. I'm surprised they haven't already.

I'm sure Bioware was forced even if not wanting to.

Why is it that EA makes everything so difficult? Even a simple webpage. I can't read a dang thang because eastore doesn't let you choose what language you want. It forces me every single time to use Chinese.

I know the majority of people who go there from Taiwan need the Chinese website, but it's insane not to have a language option somewhere on that webpage or allow me to visit the US website. I've never had a problem with any other website before. Normally it'll first go to Chinese, but then there will be some option somewhere to change the language. If there isn't I just go back to google and find the US website.

Forget it. I wasn't that interested in this paid for DLC and now I'm really not interested in it.

I don't think BioWare ever said that ALL of their DLC for Mass Effect would be free. The first one wasn't free neither on Xbox 360. It was only free on PC as a package deal because it was released later.

This second DLC is probably not very interesting for the majority of people here that want a role-playing game. There's minimal new dialogue from what I've seen and it's mostly combat. I was hoping for a mission like the second DLC like Bring Down The Sky, but oh well.

Seriously how long ago was this released? It's too late to try and get more money from Mass Effect. They should release this one for free and then be concentrating on Mass 2. I still can't believe they're passing on all this free advertising for a measly 5 bucks. They need to figure out how their going to market Mass 2 and release the next round of paid for DLC for Mass 2.

Hell, they already have some market research done for them by Beth. Say what you want about Fallout 3 (I know I do) they released the DLC in a timely fashion and it seems to have done well.

5€ or 5£ in europa...
what a rip off!

I wouldn't pay 1$ for crap such as this, but it's utopia to expect EA/Bio to charge less than 5$ for any kind of content.

The 1:1 dollar to euro conversion is apparently par for the course - and they all do this, for one reason or another.

Of course they shouldn't release it for free. What kind of reasoning is that? That's not free advertising, that's paid advertising. These things do not come cheap to make.

I think for a non-roleplaying DLC, this is okay. You won't want to buy this if you're here for the RPG.

Of course they shouldn't release it for free. What kind of reasoning is that? That's not free advertising, that's paid advertising. These things do not come cheap to make.

I think for a non-roleplaying DLC, this is okay. You won't want to buy this if you're here for the RPG.

Do you know what kind of budget we're talking about?

Because I suspect it WAS pretty cheap to make.

I have no problem with them charging a for it. What I do have a problem with is how long ME has been out, and the fact that ME2 is just around the corner. This DLC should have been released 8-9 months ago.

True to my word I loaded up ME last night so I can start another playthrough now that the patch is out. However $5 for an arena DLC? This long after the game has been released? Um...no.

I wouldn't pay $1 because there's no way I'd give EA my credit card #.

Talk about a missed opportunity to pimp ME2. I'm not so dramatic as to claim I won't buy ME2 after this but it certainly leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Bioware have jumped the shark.

I *might* try it out one day when/if it's free, although I haven't even played Bring Down the Sky yet.

Same here ... was thinking about reloading Mass Effect on my PC, but not sure I'd pay $5 for this.

Heresy! How dare they!! Let's boycott all EA games from now on!!1One!

:p Maybe I just won't play it.

It's comparable to the arena fights in KOTOR, except with scenarios competing for high scores instead of directly against your opponents. There are several types of scenario set in different environments in which you must accomplish different objectives. Getting the #1 on the scoreboard gets you a small cut-scene and sometimes prizes. One thing that gets very annoying is that you have to go through the same damn conversation again when you want to start a new mission. All in all, it's a nice little shooter game, but has nothing to do with role-playing.

I wouldn't pay 1$ for crap such as this, but it's utopia to expect EA/Bio to charge less than 5$ for any kind of content.

The 1:1 dollar to euro conversion is apparently par for the course - and they all do this, for one reason or another.

I wonder if they would sell it for 5 pesos in Argentina (1.25 dollars).

Back
Top Bottom