Fallout 76 - E3 Trailer

Because trying to front a single player games as fully playable without having to do the online shenanigans has worked so well in the past. I thought hard and thoroughly before grabbing my pitchfork, but this drek has, so far, proven quite worthy of being stabbed. I'll listen to and read what folks have to say on release, but I'd be astounded if my view altered.
No argument from me as I hate the online SP GaaS movement among modern games.:nod:
People on the Watch calling a game that's not even released yet trash because they have different taste? I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN!
I just proved your thesis correct @Caddy.

At least if we argue about it, we're arguing as a community!
Solitary in numbers as the State knows best.:salute:
Great. Now all we need is communist dictator to bring us everlasting prosperity and fortune.
I nominate myself BoboTheMighty. Just know I will hoard power and silence all dissenters to my reign as General Secretary. I'll also invite the Red Troll Police to enforce my rule.:biggrin:

160805-Watts-Trump-troll-activities-tease_qw7i2f

Rule #1 - Death to all developers and supporters of MMOs, Online SP games, & GaaS.

Last edited:
Yes these interviews keep popping up.

Sadly, me too. And I would gladly have bought this for full price day one if it was a 4x bigger-than-previous-Fallouts single player RPG set in Virginia.

At this point I just hope they don't drop the ball with TES6. They better not fuck that up.

One can always hope, my friend. At this point, even Starfield is a game I don't put much faith into… O Cyberpunk, where art thou???

Last edited:
Playing online by yourself and not in Co-Op or with others on a server.

Which is usually boring as hell in MMO games due to their design. I can still remember playing WoW on a private server solo, and basically seeing how it's not designed for it.

Agreed, with ESO being the exception.

Y’all know this is a side project right? There will still be a single player Fallout 5 one day. Skyrim alone made profits somewhere close to 1.5 billion. Fallout 4 was apparently even more successful. They’re not giving up single player RPGs any time soon.

Y’all know this is a side project right? There will still be a single player Fallout 5 one day. Skyrim alone made profits somewhere close to 1.5 billion. Fallout 4 was apparently even more successful. They’re not giving up single player RPGs any time soon.

Well that's good to know. I thought this was basically Fallout 5.

I was thinking of playing Fallout 4 soon but I keep hearing it's mostly just a first-person shooter. I'll probably end up playing Fallout 3 modded instead. Unless you, Caddy, can convince me that Fallout 4 is an RPG that is worth playing. Do you accept the challenge? y/n/sarcastic.

So this has to be asked once again.:biggrin:

Will that game have women this time or will the developer use the bogus excuse why not again? Otherwise I'm looking at playing another sausage fest for over 30 hrs.

Well that's good to know. I thought this was basically Fallout 5.

I was thinking of playing Fallout 4 soon but I keep hearing it's mostly just a first-person shooter. I'll probably end up playing Fallout 3 modded instead. Unless you, Caddy, can convince me that Fallout 4 is an RPG that is worth playing. Do you accept the challenge? y/n/sarcastic.

Sorry, i'm not the one to ask. I've played about 20 minutes of F3. Not my thing. But I think most would recommend F:NV instead?

Sorry, i'm not the one to ask. I've played about 20 minutes of F3. Not my thing. But I think most would recommend F:NV instead?
Fallout 3's not that bad but yes he should start with Fallout NV. Of course he will need the various mods to enhance the game. Project California almost ready for release also.

Link - https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil

Though I recommend Fluent should play the classic Fallout's first for a comparison of old and new. As the earlier Fallout games are different from today's versions.

After all this chit-chat about Fallout 76, I felt an urge to play a true Fallout experience. Then I installed my GOG version of Fallout 2 and on top of it I installed the Fallout Resurrection mod. I just made out of the cave where we begin the game. Oh boy, it feels soooooo good to play the familiar isometric view again… :)

This is the one thing that gives me hope for Fallout 76: ESO is fun in single player mode. There is a lot to do and the quests are all pretty decent, though same-ish. However, the one saving grace of ESO is the mostly well written NPC's. In 76, there aren't any NPC's, just robots and audio/video logs. Not sure if that will work at all.

I once considered making a NWN PW based on Fallout and then I realized what kind of people would show up.

Back
Top Bottom