Pillars of Eternity II - Ultimate Edition Release Date - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity II - Ultimate Edition Release Date

Default Pillars of Eternity II - Ultimate Edition Release Date

December 5th, 2019, 22:25
The Ultimate Edition release date for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire has been announced for January 28th 2020.

loading…

The god Eothas awakened from his sleep, erupting from beneath your castle, killing your people and stealing a piece of your soul. Now only you and your companions can uncover the rogue god's machinations as he tramples over the Deadfire Archipelago.

The award-winning RPG from the masters at Obsidian Entertainment finally arrives, featuring all major updates and expansions.

Bend the world to your will as you explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customization, total freedom of exploration, and more meaningful choices at every turn.

Featuring an enormous open world, a massive cast of characters, and a story you can play your way, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition redefines the role-playing game experience for a new generation.

Features:

+ Play in either Turn-Based Mode or Classic Real-Time with Pause: Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience - now with both classic real-time with pause and new turn-based combat, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic tabletop gameplay more than ever before.
+ A massive adventure: Over 100 hours of gameplay per playthrough.
+ Play however you want: Detailed character creator character and over 1000 class permutations gives you the freedom to be whoever you want.
+ Gather your party: Build your party and customize your companions to join you on your quest. Assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships, reactions to player choice, and interactions with each other unfold.
+ Beast of Winter DLC: Heed the call of Vatnir, a priest of the god of death, to halt the tide of destruction encroaching upon the living.
+ The Forgotten Sanctum DLC: Battle your way through the bowels of a vengeful, sleeping god.
+ Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC: Triumph or die in the Crucible of Kazuwari, where only the mighty reign.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

December 5th, 2019, 23:54
Does it come with a sworn affidavit from Sawyer and team that there will be no more "balance" patches?
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

December 6th, 2019, 00:02
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Does it come with a sworn affidavit from Sawyer and team that there will be no more "balance" patches?
There haven't been a patch since May 7th and when that released they said it was the last one.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 00:08
Had me worried again as I thought, "Oh no not another huge patch again."
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 00:29
So…whats the new thing here?

The boxed version I already bought half a year ago for 26 British Pounds already included everything.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
+1:

December 6th, 2019, 00:33
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
Console versions. Not even sure the "Ultimate Edition" name will be used for the PC version at all. It's kinda unclear from what I read.

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 00:42

The boxed version I already bought half a year ago for 26 British Pounds already included everything.
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Console versions. Not even sure the "Ultimate Edition" name will be used for the PC version at all. It's kinda unclear from what I read.
Yep probably the console version and all the DLC will be included for the PC version. Basically it's a version for new buyers who wait for the so called GOTY versions.
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 6th, 2019, 00:45
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yep provably the console version and all the DLC will be included for the PC version. Basically it's a version for new buyers who wait for the so called GOTY versions.
But that's what I am saying. I already got everything in my boxed version from almost a year ago.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 00:52
Alright then my final guess is you probably get a patch to update the PC version. More then likely it will have some fixes but its just a rebrand with no new content at all.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 6th, 2019, 03:01
Marketing to people who haven't yet purchased. Marketing is everything when a game needs to generate more revenue.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 03:48
Yeah, I thought I'd already bought the complete edition. I have to admit I enjoyed the second game far more than I did the first, the option to choose turn based combat really was a big hit for me.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 04:09
I am playing it now. I quite enjoy it and it is much better than Pillars of Eternity 1. The character interactions are quite enjoyable, at least for me.

mat9813004

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

December 6th, 2019, 16:11
Second game is very fine. Especially in tb mode. Its not up there with BG and Kingmaker, but its perfectly recommendable.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

December 7th, 2019, 10:22
You liked Pathfinder Kingmaker more than Pillars of Eternity II? I'm kind of the other way round. I quite like its take, especially its take on fantasy versions of pacific cultures. I'm not a fan of pirates but I'm willing to forgive that aspect of the setting for the intricacy of its clockwork, so to speak.

mat9813004

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

December 8th, 2019, 22:19
I liked PoE 1 a lot. I wanted to like PoE 2 a lot but… I don't know, somehow it didn't do it for me. I played it, completed it, and felt like I just spent an epic amount of time playing through a story I didn't really care for with characters I couldn't connect with. I'm not sure why I even felt that way because in most aspects it seemed like something that I would love, but it was missing something for me. I even tried the DLC and had the same feeling with it.

ElderGnome

Gnome of the World

Location: High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern US…
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity II - Ultimate Edition Release Date