Cube World - Steam Page Up

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
After 4 years with no update Cube World now has a Steam page and is aiming for a September/October release according to this tweet.

What is Cube World?

Cube World is a voxel-based action RPG with a focus on exploration. It takes place in a procedurally generated fantasy world made up of entirely of cubes.

Features

• Choose between four different classes: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Rogue.
  • Action-based combat with dodging, aiming, combos, special skills and more.
  • Explore a nearly infinite, procedurally generated fantasy world.
  • Plan your next adventure with the 3D voxel world map. Scroll and zoom everywhere to find your next destination!
  • Craft weapons, armor, potions, elixirs and food and more from ingredients found throughout the world.
  • Tame pets that fight along your side and can be used as mounts.
  • Non-linear, open world gameplay. Solve quests, help residents, fight huge monsters, explore ancient dungeons! It's all up to you!
  • Discover procedurally generated lore and learn about ancient civilizations and magic artifacts.
  • Retrieve unique magic artifacts to level up and improve your skills.
  • Earn gold to buy items or to book an eagle flight to new lands.
  • Cube World's unique per-land progression system makes finding loot, solving quests and clearing dungeons rewarding and exciting over and over again.
  • Use your hang glider to take to the skies or explore the oceans with your boat.
  • Find magic items to enter secret areas and to support you on your journey.
  • Play solo singleplayer or join your friends in coop-online-multiplayer.
More information.

A friend of mine paid 30€ for an alpha build of this 4 years ago.. then the owner ran away with his money. No refunds, no communication, the site was locked down so nobody could even post about it... I'm not sure what this game will be like anymore, but I can tell a lot of people are bitter about the whole thing.

No. Way.

Oh hang on, the game hasn't been released yet. There isn't even a release date. Anyone with a hundred dollars can put up a Steam page.

Wake me up in another four years.

Wow, I thought that game was dead. Not even interested in it anymore.

A friend of mine paid 30€ for an alpha build of this 4 years ago.. then the owner ran away with his money. No refunds, no communication, the site was locked down so nobody could even post about it… I'm not sure what this game will be like anymore, but I can tell a lot of people are bitter about the whole thing.
I bought it for 15 euro in February of 2014.
It was version 0.0.1 then and it has never been updated AFAIK. It requires a log-in and can be auto-updated, so every 6 months or so I'd check to see if any progress had been made... but no, nothing.

A couple of times a year there might be (if you're lucky) a post about development that was in progress (e.g. a quest system), but nothing ever eventuated.
Takes some balls to sell it again on Steam.

Here's a blog post about why updates never happened:
https://wollay.blogspot.com/2019/09/dear-cube-world-community-i-think-this.html

Hopefully my version auto-updates to "2.0" when the Steam realease happens. I guess I should investigate what happens there.

EDIT:
Confirmed on twitter:
"Yes, owners of the alpha will get Steam keys."
It says "TBA" on the Steam page, but I read October in Reddit.

As of now, if you have an existing account, you can get your Steam key (via https://picroma.com) and start playing.
I just did, but haven't had a look to see what has changed yet.

Apparently the game will be purchasable from September 30th.

Back
Top Bottom