The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

saw this one on of those youtube pages you posted. i remember this song...though from like six years ago, not when it came out.
echo and the bunnymen- lips like sugar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQu99t5hojY&mode=related&search=
i actually thought it was neil diamond singing the first time i heard this tune:)

oh and here is an electonica-light (as in so light you're floating) from my past that i was listening to when it actually came out. though the video was a first for me a few months ago. it make make you feel all warm and fuzzy, though not if you hate skateboarders or the french.
air (with beth hirsch) - all i need
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqBCOBRcMqc&mode=related&search=

That Sire sampler (Just Say Yes) had extended versions of No Stars, Lips Like Sugar, and this one:
"Out of Hand" by Mighty Lemon Drops
I don't generally get excited with extended versions and remixes, but those three were very good.

I got three And One CDs for my birthday, so that's the stuff I've been listening to for days now :).

You have to click once in the player box to activate it and then click on the song title to play it. They just don't have the player automatically fire up like most MySpace pages.

Pain of Salvation, Marillion and Anathema, three bands that I always take on journeys with me :) .

PS. And i had almost forgotten about Everon, silly me...

You have to click once in the player box to activate it and then click on the song title to play it. They just don't have the player automatically fire up like most MySpace pages.
Ahh haaa... gotcha. I'm still drooling over the Wild Hope CD.

Gardenia -- Mandy Moore

I don't get what's with this sample... it sounds like a demo or something, with really unskilled production -- vocals too prominent, accompaniment lost in the mix. The actual track makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, just Mandy and piano -- lovely.

I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
Heard this on the radio this morning, and it's stuck in my head again. What a bass line... I could skip the rap crap, but the instruments of the song are very catchy.
"Feel Good Inc." by Gorillaz

@Gig- welcome to the joy of low-sample-rate clips. Think of a handful of beatuiful fall leaves...now pack them into a shot glass...kinda loses something. The compression can make some songs nearly unrecognizable. With shoegaze being based on the interplay of a couple dozen layers at any given instant, you can imagine the horror I go thru when the best I can find for a clip is Amazon or the like. Of course, Amazon has a bazillion clips, so you've got to give them some credit.

Last edited:
Time to melt my brain a little I guess. This has been one of my very favorite songs about forever. My mother still has a copy of Singles Going Steady on vinyl and it plays without skips even though I've played that record about 10,000 times since I was five years old.

Ever Fallen In Love? -- Buzzcocks

I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
Still can't make it past the German lyrics on some of their tracks, but that's good stuff, Jaz. Solid throwback to my New Wave days.

Gig, ever heard of Material Issue? The audio is out of sync with the video, couldn't find one that was right.

For me, a little aural ecstacy courtesy of Ms. Harriet Wheeler:
"Love" by The Sundays

Last edited:
Son of Sam

41E0WYN6APL._AA240_.jpg

Still totally hooked on this, an absolute must for Samhain/Danzig (and to a lesser extent Misfits) fans.

Back
Top Bottom