Thief - Gone Gold & New Trailer

WTF indeed. But why have you picked Thief thread to link this?

Yes JDR, it's a sequel with, apparently, some teaks to make it "more accessible and appealing to the wilder audience"…

It was a sequel- hence the ridiculous Thi4f name it originally had- but hasn't been for a while. It's a reboot, officially now.

For the observant there are obvious signs of it previously being a sequel though, the brothel is modelled on a building from ThiefDS (Keeper Compound), your girl protege was almost certainly envisaged as the girl from the end of TDS as well. But officially, it's a reboot like the newest Tomb Raider.

WTF indeed. But why have you picked Thief thread to link this?

Just an answer to something Joxer posted in this thread

One of the earlier focussed gameplay videos looked really terrible, but I REALLY would like to play this early. Well, maybe I'll wait for some of previews/early reviews.

It seems the developers heard the screams of longtime fans regarding that early trailer. They put in lots of options so you can turn off the "accessibility" stuff if you want. Will it be enough to save the game? Dunno.

I thought I would be playing X:Rebirth and/or Divinity: Original Sin when this came out but Divinity got delayed and Rebirth needs to be born again before it's worth playing. Maybe I'll finally pay full price for a game again?

Watch the video from 2:00. There is an action taken and going on. It is not decided because the ingame situation demands it but to showcase an option that exists in the game.

Usually, this happens when a gameplay is bloated with options to make the game look cool, these options having no relevant existence otherwise. They are just cosmetic effects.

In any game, you can list all the possible options left to a player, break them down and then assess the quality of the gameplay. Poor gameplay is bloated with irrelevant, meaningless, useless options that only came into existence to add content for the sake of adding content.

Grey seems to be the new "master colour".

I remermber Thief 1 to be rather brownish in colouring.

I think you know me good enough to be able to imagine all by yourself what I'd write about this video. ;)

Back
Top Bottom