Homeworld Remastered Collection

Well, I'll probably get this - as I loved Homeworld and never got around to playing Homeworld 2. Had some trouble getting it to run the few times I've tried - and then it kinda got too old.

I really hope they've done enough with it to go beyond pure cash grabbing, but I guess we'll see.

Interesting - no minimum spec. The new Dead or Alive game is due out on the 17th and still doesn't have a minimum spec that anyone can believe (Windows Professional!?). DoA is going to be Steam only. Amazon has a listing for a collector's edition of the Homeworld Remastered game but it says it has a 'digital download voucher' so maybe it's a digital exclusive, too? Does not printing boxes mean that companies can figure out the minimum specs closer to release?

I remember playing the demo for Homeworld a ton. When I got the game, though, I only got through about half of it. I only got through about half of Cataclysm, too. I never can quite get into those RTS games. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the music is for sale on its own. Ah well... it will go on sale. Then I can take the music and mod it into some 4X games!

I never made it past the fourth mission or so. It was too difficult for me :( still ashamed by that, maybe I should try again with the remastered version. You know, because of all the additional life experience I collected since then

This game was the first one that made me sad I suck at RTS. I really wanted to play it, but my self esteem could only see the mothership get destroyed so many times.

Ditto. I wishlisted it for now though.

Same here.

Amazon Germany lists the Remaster as well, by the way, but with no information at all except the remasters' description : http://www.amazon.de/Homeworld-Rema...UTF8&qid=1422787673&sr=8-1&keywords=homeworld

Amazon UK has a price of 99 Pounds for it : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Homeworld-R...UTF8&qid=1422787829&sr=8-2&keywords=homeworld

Amazon.com has a page similar to amazon.co.uk , but it also has a tiny FAQ : http://www.amazon.com/Homeworld-Rem...UTF8&qid=1422787877&sr=8-3&keywords=homeworld

I can't remember exactly how it was but I recall something about the AI being more powerful the next level depending on how many ships and stuff you build. That pretty much destroyed the game for me.. Is that stuff gone now?

This maybe of interest as it seems the expansion Cataclysm will not be included.

Link - http://www.bluesnews.com/s/158770/gearbox-on-homeworld-cataclysm
Homeworld Remastered Collection is on the way from Gearbox Software with updated versions of Homeworld and Homeworld 2, leaving fans of the series wondering why Homeworld: Cataclysm is not included in the plan. Now The Escapist has an explanation from Gearbox COO Brian Martel who says they "would love" to remake the game, but they don't have access to Barking Dog Studios' source code, and don't know if a complete copy exists anywhere. He tells them: "I'd be surprised if we could actually do the kind of work that we've done with the remasters for Cataclysm," though he adds "there are some clever things [Gearbox] might be able to do if there was enough interest." That said, they'd really like to get their hands on the original source code. "It really comes down to finding the original source code," says Martel. "If somebody out there has it, we would take it and make sure we at least released the classic version."

Yeah, that's been known for awhile now.
Your probably right but I stopped following the re-mastered games after they were announced two years ago. Like you said above I also thought it was scrapped.

I also wonder how far the new Homeworld: Shipbreakers game is in development.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21716&highlight=Homeworld

After checking the games webpage the developer is looking for future beta testers.

Link - http://blackbirdinteractive.com/contact/beta/

Gearbox started a new documentary video series about the game.

Here is the second episode released this week.

Last edited:
I despise these marketing segments after what they did with Aliens Colonial Marines.

I also found a new Story trailer this week from GearBox.

Learn more about the critically acclaimed story of Homeworld in this trailer from the Homeworld Remastered Collection that highlights the updated audio, visuals, and effects in Homeworld Remastered.

Cool, thanks for the vids, Couchpotato.

Now I'm kinda hoping they will remaster their Brothers In Arms series also, after this one. Or even better, make a new (and proper) entry.

They should rather remaster Impossible Creatures instead. :p
There is a bug within that game that got never fixed - because Microsoft didn't want to. :p

I despise these marketing segments after what they did with Aliens Colonial Marines.

Ditto. It's amazing Randy Pitchford has the nerve to show his face again, trying to hype a game again. It's so formulaic, it's embarrassing. And it's not even their game. Yet they're hyping it up like they just fucking developed it. The amount of bullshit these corporate swine can spew is endless.

They may not have developed the Homeworld games, but Gearbox now owns the License. So they are free to do whatever they want with the games from now on.

Another example is Nordic games who acquires old IP's, and makes money off other people work. They are also funding new games with unknown studios.

So I don't like it either, but as I said above they now own the games.

Update: Seems this thread is now going to be de-railed with posts about Randy Pitchford. So I'll stop posting new links from now. So have a good-day everyone.

Last edited:
They may not have developed the Homeworld games, but Gearbox now owns the License. So they are free to do whatever they want with the games from now on.

I'm not talking about what they can legally do with it. They can do whatever they like for all I care. I'm talking about having a bit of spine and a bit of decency in their behavior. No such thing from them I'm afraid. They'll say/do anything they can to do to make another buck.

EDIT: Oooh, and Randy just realized that something he did in Brothers in Arms was inspired by his experience with Homeworld. Ooooh, really? He just realized that? He expects us to buy that? I call emotional manipulation 101.

Back
Top Bottom