Witcher 3 Why do people think Witcher gear is the best?

The Witcher 3

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I've seen many statements in various places the the Witcher School equipment is the best until possibly very high level. I don't get it. The only benefit I see to the witcher swords is a bit more raw damage and experience boost. I really don't care about experience, there is so much content in the game that levelling is not a problem. I would rather have multiple big adreneline, armor piercing, or critical boost boost that you get from the relic swords. So what am I missing that makes witcher school gear good?

In main game, they're better overall, though I'd mix it in between.

Temerian armor is awesome though, something I'd wear in public in heart beat.

1279806223232055144.jpg

Later on, HoS and B&W, they even out with other.

I loved thyssen armor as it always gave 1-3 100% attributes. There was also one heavy that ave only - 20% stamina instead of usual - 30. But very few were sets like witcher,which had bonuses.

Set bonuses are only a thing at the Grandmaster level, though. I just hit level 30 after the battle at Kaer Morhen and I'm wearing Imperia Brigade Armor, Assassin's Gauntlets, Alder Folk Boots, and Mahakaman Trousers. Swords: Cleaver Hood and Pang of Conscience.

Personally, I found the Cat set that I painstakingly found and upgraded to completion to be more a matter of style choice and aesthetics over anything stat or power-gaming driven. For me, the game wasn't challenging enough to worry about gear in that regard - just suit up your Geralt in the way you find most pleasing and which suits your playing style best. :)

For me, it was also connecting to the Cat (fast) style from the first game and simply wanting for Geralt to be as light and agile as possible whilst having reasonable protection. I would also say that the act of retrieving and upgrading the set over time was possibly more satisfying overall than having it fully upgraded at the end.

Back
Top Bottom