Witcher 3 Just started - liking the combat

The Witcher 3

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
So far, the combat seems pretty good. Playing it on PS4

It feels almost instantly familiar, all the herbs, alchemy, lore, everything feels like I'm slipping on an old comfy shoe. I put the well wraith to wrest, now i have to take out a Griffin

I am kinda already tired of the constant loot-a-thon, and I'm going to have to reign it in (at least when it comes to herbs) if I want to get anywhere soon in the game. Everywhere i look, a plant, a chest, a bag.... too much time gathering stuff. Need to dial back the OCD completist nature on this one

That is all. TW3 my next sprawling RPG (i wanted to play the Pathfinder game, but it runs pretty badly on my monster Mac, disppointed in that)

I'm surprised you waited so long to play this. Great game, but I would have recommended the PC version.

And yeah, kill any OCD tendencies you might have for this one or you'll just end up frustrated. It's best played organically. I look in every container, but I only pick up stuff that I actually need. Explore where your quests take you rather than lawnmowing back and forth over the map.

i was between gaming PC setups when the game came out, and word on the street was that it was making computers cry for mercy.

So, I got it for PS4. I didnt have many games for it, and thought "At least I know the PS4 will run Witcher 3 great, and it'll look good"

With that phrase, of course, I cursed the title to run horribly and suffer bugs and crashes, rendering it nigh unplayable. I was so pissed that I shelved it, and havent touched it since.

15 GB and several years later, I'm pleased to report that it..

Oh wait.... I aint reporting nuttin - mum's the word until I complete this sucker :p

So, I got it for PS4. I didnt have many games for it, and thought "At least I know the PS4 will run Witcher 3 great, and it'll look good"
Ouch! I hope the joxer doesn't read this.

pibbur who has yet to play the game, but thats's probably caused by his unfortunate tendency not to get his priorities right.

PS. Nice avatar! DS.

Oh, PCs are always crying for mercy. Best to turn on a little more eye candy when they do that. You can't show weakness to those things or they'll take advantage of you for years. ;)

Really, though, that's probably coming from people who think all games need at least 60 frames per second. This game really doesn't.

P.S. Beware of tyromancers!

If you're on PC, play it with Enhanced Edition overhaul/mod. Just finished full run, one of the best overhauls out there.

Back
Top Bottom