The TV Series discussion thread

It does not.
No role is played by Jeremy Irons. :p

I've watched the first episode of The Witcher, it was ok. I didn't think it was awesome, but I'm going to watch at least another episode or two just to see what happens. I've not read the books so it's all new to me, except what I know from the three games.

So I decided to watch the new Witcher show. Now as you know I've been very critical of the show from the beginning, and can finally say it's better then season 8 of GOT.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I watched the first episode too, I'm in the middle of Jessica Jones S3 and I'll finish that before continuing. If the first episode is the worst I'm excited for the rest. Caville's Geralt is decent. Not keen on Cirilla, and I haven't seen the other high profile characters but I'm not expecting to feel good about them either. Yet the tone and writing so far have me hooked. I wish they could have used the game's Witcher theme - the music is similar enough I think it's going to break into that theme at any moment!

The second episode of Witcher was better than the first. It's classic fantasy, brings nothing new but if you're a fan of fantasy you'll probably like it.. CGI is kind of laughable and unfortunately sometimes to the degree of being distracting because of it, but whatever.

Cavill as Witcher is great. Ciri also stands out, good actress, i like her appearance too - very slavic looking, so very fitting (unlike some other choices, which i better not mention…)

The bard doing very modern sounding pop songs is stupid, it's not very immersive and its just cringy, doesn't fit. It's mostly these kind of details that are wrong with it, as a greater whole its decent enough.

Let us know how the Expanse is. I watched a short trailer and it looks good.

If you like sci-fi, The Expanse should be one of the first on your list.

The Expanse

I would agree with Caddy. The Expanse, all 4 seasons, is available on Amazon Prime. I am currently watching the 3rd season. What I like about it is the scope. On the 1-hand you have the power play between Earth, Mars and the Belters with the world leaders making decisions that are rational from their world point. But what I like is the small group of "heroes" trying to do the right thing (what ever that is). Then there is the other threat (?). There are space battles and gun fights if that is your thing but this is not an American cop shooter show.

It is probably one of those shows that you ought to watch the 1st two or three (or possibly six) to get pass the "setup" story line.

D7nELiwWsAEc0xv

Show is ok so far 2 episodes in, but what the hell were they thinking with the Nilfgardian armor? Worst costume design since… well I don’t know.

That comparision pic is not quite fair, this is the difference:

aE2bLpM_700bwp.webp

You won't be seeing it much during broad daylight in the show so it doesn't matter much. Other faction armors in the show are not borderline SM rubber, for example (sorry for low quality link):
8t2zcxglldb31.png

A quick question for those who still didn't start watching the show, guess who this is:
triss.jpg

Yes she's beautiful and I dare to say talented although we don't see her much in the first season, but if someone who didn't start watching cannot ever guess who is she supposed to be that's a casting crime.

btw I've finished watching. Recommended for existing fans.
For those who still aren't, do find someone to explain you a thing or two the show didn't bother much with (Geralt's actual wish for example).

Last edited:
No answer from anyone on my question?

Okay lemme do a hint. We don't see her in The Witcher games because she dies during a certain battle vs Nilfgaard, but is mentioned nevertheless in TW3 during figurines sidequest(s) because that sorceress is capable of turning a person into a figurine. Here's one of two such sidequests:

I'm talking about Coral and this is her looks by gwent artist:
Gwent_cardart_skellige_coral.jpg

This is Coral on Netflix, 100% the same person from the gwent card:
image.jpeg

Obviously it's not miscasted Coral in my previous post. But now I made the answer on the question easy. Right?

So who is that on the pic in my previous post? If the pic is of low quality thus you can't possibly have an idea due to excessive blur, here's another and I bet you'll guess correctly who in The Witcher on Netflix is this:
94o9usp9aw541.jpg

Last edited:
the Yoda'ish writing of your posts might be an issue to some people. i've read the post a few times and i still only a have a vague idea of what you're asking.
"but if someone who didn't start watching cannot ever guess who is she supposed to be that's a casting crime."

okkkkk.

No Joxer, that is Maya Rudolf, she is not in the cast of The Witcher. Although she does play the Judge in The Good Place. She's kind of a magical person there . . .

Didn't watch The Good Place sadly... Or perhaps luckily. :D

The Good Place is an intriguing show. This particular series doesn't seem so good to me, but the first two are well worth viewing. I believe this year is the last, so at least it won't be lingering well beyond the expiry date.

@joxer

Seems the problem is fantasy vs reality.

Reality often can not reflect fantasy.

Basically real women can't match fantasy women.

Yes I sound sexist but tis the truth.:(

@joxer

Seems the problem is fantasy vs reality.

Reality often can not reflect fantasy.

Basically real women can't match fantasy women.

Yes I sound sexist but tis the truth.:(

but in a few cases....

eef3e6af747560c738db6ba24e2ce4f6.jpg

960x0.jpg

While I find Yennefer to be moderately cute, the insane eye makeup should have stayed back in India :)

Last edited:
@crpgnut

Nope not close. Just kidding.:p

Though most actors rarely fit the game or book counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom