The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

That one I can not watch. I get a message the owner of the video does not want it to be played on mobile devices. (Does anyone has an idea why someone would do that?)

Grace Jones. Yeah, know her, like her. Grace is sex. Khadja is summerevening. :)

Sorry. I get that message too alot on my iPhone. Apparently uploaders need to check a box to enable mobile devices to satisfy those with DRM worries. Irritating.

O no no no! I can't listen to all this right now!
After having listened to the ones HiddenX mentioned in his first post about Summer and Sun, post #3141, I returned to post the result of a small search for videos I did myself, and my jaw dropped. I certainly did not expect more awaiting me! O my, it has multiplied. Gosh. Guys. What have you done! :)

Okay.
Back to me. :p
So I remembered a beautiful song, ideal for lazy and laid-back evenings/nights, like tonight, with a temperature (after sunset) of 25 degrees Celsius or so (77 degrees Fahrenheit):
Nitin Sawhney - Sunset. Don't pay attention to the cover of the CD, the warmth of the song will melt the snow. :)
I also searched for Melanie Safka's Sun and moon, silver anniversary, unplugged. It's really gorgeous, but I can not find a video.

Back to you and your wonderful results. Tomorrow at noon a temperature of 37 degrees Celsius (98.6 Fahrenheit) is expected here where I live, that'll be a new all time record for my country (since they began measuring the temperatures that is). With this heat one can't do a thing without an airco (I have only an electric fan at my disposal) since it'll be muggy as well, I think.
Perfect day to listen to your songs. :) Thanks HiddenX, Thrasher, txa1265 and dteowner!

That's good stuff, Mike. More melodic and less wankery than some of the stuff you share. Some of the syncopated stuff on the piano sections seems a little forced, but the overall package is excellent. Tanx.

Don't get me wrong, I can generally appreciate the gobs of talent it takes to indulge in that sort of artistic wankery that you lean toward, but it doesn't always make for much of a serenade.

Perhaps it's time for a "our music game" thread, no?

Listening to Alice in chains "head creeps"

I thought nothing could top the sheer power of Dirt, and in a lot of ways their third cd does not. Lyrically though, I feel it does top their prior CDs. It doesn't rock as heavy but It's still really fucking good though, and creepy with their two-part vocal harmony echoing over the distorted guitars.

I love Allison Chaynes

@dteowner "Sun Baby" by The High Violets - that's my music - very good!
The cd (To Where You Are) is quite good overall. Sun Baby is probably a bit more sludgy than most of their stuff, but it's still a reasonable representative. Kaitlyn ni Donovan has a tremendously sexy (as opposed to pretty) voice.

You might enjoy angry Lush. Fans of the band divide their career into 2 parts- pretty Lush and angry Lush. I've posted several songs from their earlier work over the years, which is pretty Lush. See how this works for you:
"Ladykiller" by Lush
(side note- check out Emma - the dark haired one - around the 2:00 mark, oops.)

Perhaps something a little more indie:
"Burst" by The Darling Buds

Can't go wrong with Danella and the boys:
"Stardust" by An April March

Jaques Brel, Belgian singer-songwriter.
Although he recorded most of his songs in French, he became a major influence on English-speaking songwriters and performers such as David Bowie, Leonard Cohen, Marc Almond and Rod McKuen, Alex Harvey. English translations of his songs were recorded by many top performers in the United States, including Ray Charles, Judy Collins, John Denver, the Kingston Trio, Nina Simone, Frank Sinatra, Scott Walker, and Andy Williams.
Source: Wikipedia

I have picked five songs, all with English subtitles, except for the last one.

Dans le port d'Amsterdam

Ne me quitte pas

La Fanette

Les vieux

Le plat pays

@Omega: Jaques Brel - great voice and songwriter, unfortunately I doesn't like his music style so much. I like a bit more tempo even in chansons :)

@dteowner: I like the Lush and Darling Buds stuff, but you have to hear them at full volume on good loudspeaker boxes :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom