Witcher 3 Really love the facial animations in this game

The Witcher 3
I just wish that my performance didn't drag during dialog, and cause the audio to get out of sync with the characters talking.

Everywhere else the game runs fine, and is responsive in combat. But something happens during those dialogs. Anybody got any tips for tweaking graphical settings to improve this, while not sacrificing too much quality elsewhere?

Be aware that not all voice acting is lip synced. All main quest voice acting is, others is hit and miss. But I even experienced occasional lag with main quest stuff.

Oddly, I never noticed there is a problem with lipsync.
Probably was distracted. Boobs?

Yeah, I've never seen a problem with lipsync, even outside of the main quest. Fantasm, I assume you have HairWorks disabled? That would probably be the largest hit on performance during dialogue.

Some lip sych is hand done, some is simulated. The latter is not accurate for me. The mouth movements don't match what is said, even with delays removed.

It's definitely a FPS drop; I hear the audio, and by the end of a sentence the lips continue moving, and I can see them making a shape that matches with what was said a second earlier. It also causes delays in the conversations as the audio pauses until each graphic scene finishes.

Hairworks is off. I've googled the problem and seen other reports of this elsewhere. Maybe my FPS just isn't that good in general...

I dislike the all the repeated conversations with merchants. space space space… :)
Yea, they should have probably record different VO and different chatty for each one. That's how all games today work. Every single merchant has to get another voice actor.
Oops, I thought it's Ovenall I'm replying to. ;)

You nuts? First gwent, then inventory!

Back
Top Bottom