Is there a software for this?

weepingsickness

Watcher
I'm glad to be back in the forum after years of absence :) Happy to be here but I'm sorry to be asking a homework question. Where can I find a food safety software? It is a system that standardize and centralize all food safety and quality processes and records in a single location so it would be easier to create, approve and distribute shared documents. I'm not quite sure if there is a ready made software for this. Any thoughts?

Not sure if spam so I'll write what I know.

I'm not into food processing and storage industry, however one of my best friends from ages ago (doesn't live here anymore) did work in a certain facility on a calibrating machine that sorts fruit based on it's size, so I learned a bit about that from him. I'm just not seeking for ignorance I guess, so while getting drunk among other things we talked about that too. He talked. I listened. It wasn't MMO nor phonegames.

They had definetly a software that takes care of sorting, the machine can't work by itself and it's not fully automated, a person needs to set desired sizes before processing starts and also the fruit can get stuck so someone must pull/push it.
Processed fruit is of course stored before transport, but there is also an additional part of the software that controls the temperature, humidity and whatever necessary.
Neccessary reports and documents are generated daily or per request. Visible from anywhere inside the company - they were connected via internet with other facilities.

Finally the reason I bother with writing at all, the best kept secret of fruit processing facilities - you can't just pick it, put it in the fridge and that's it. To make sure it doesn't rot, it needs to be treated by a fungicide. In this particular case they were using Imazalil, in extreme amounts. This fungicide is poisonous so next time you buy some fruit in a shop center, forget about it being good for your health. Yea, I'm sorry you live in a megalopolis where homegrown products doesn't exist. Thanks to the place I live where basically everything is fresh picked and not treated by whatnot, except bananas, I don't remember the last time I bought a "fresh" fruit in a store. It didn't save me from getting a gullbladder stone, but that's another story and other causes.

The fruit processing software does exist. In this case I'm talking about, it was made in Italy and the language inside was italian. It's safe to assume any food processing software exists and on different languages.
Where can you find it? In companies that work with food. It's not something you'll google for then just install on your PC.

Last edited:
Not sure if spam so I'll write what I know.

I'm not into food processing and storage industry, however one of my best friends from ages ago (doesn't live here anymore) did work in a certain facility on a calibrating machine that sorts fruit based on it's size, so I learned a bit about that from him. I'm just not seeking for ignorance I guess, so while getting drunk among other things we talked about that too. He talked. I listened. It wasn't MMO nor phonegames.

They had definetly a software that takes care of sorting, the machine can't work by itself and it's not fully automated, a person needs to set desired sizes before processing starts and also the fruit can get stuck so someone must pull/push it.
Processed fruit is of course stored before transport, but there is also an additional part of the software that controls the temperature, humidity and whatever necessary.
Neccessary reports and documents are generated daily or per request. Visible from anywhere inside the company - they were connected via internet with other facilities.

Finally the reason I bother with writing at all, the best kept secret of fruit processing facilities - you can't just pick it, put it in the fridge and that's it. To make sure it doesn't rot, it needs to be treated by a fungicide. In this particular case they were using Imazalil, in extreme amounts. This fungicide is poisonous so next time you buy some fruit in a shop center, forget about it being good for your health. Yea, I'm sorry you live in a megalopolis where homegrown products doesn't exist. Thanks to the place I live where basically everything is fresh picked and not treated by whatnot, except bananas, I don't remember the last time I bought a "fresh" fruit in a store. It didn't save me from getting a gullbladder stone, but that's another story and other causes.

The fruit processing software does exist. In this case I'm talking about, it was made in Italy and the language inside was italian. It's safe to assume any food processing software exists and on different languages.
Where can you find it? In companies that work with food. It's not something you'll google for then just install on your PC.

This. When I used to do IT work for the City, a lot of different departments had either their own in-house developers to make software for them, or they dealt with some obscure 2 to 3 man shop somewhere in a remote part of the globe. Best is to inquire in person to a company that deals with what you're looking for, and inquire within.

qA5rOVL.jpg

Seems interesting. Someone also suggested me to try ETQ's food safety software solution. I'll try it and yours, too. Anyway, thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom