Posting habits

Sometimes the masses must be informed, instructed, and reminded every so often. I do like to try to shake folks out of mediocrity, but it can be exhausting and I've felt myself slip into the same state on more than one occassion.

I am going to make it point to quote all your post, including this one. What more I will make sure I will tag you also @sakichop; :)

:
Jokes aside, I agree with many thing you say and sometimes wanted to respond but don't. I look at the forums mostly on the phone and its pain to respond but when I go home there are other things to do so never really look at the forums on a PC etc. So there are practical reason like this as to why people don't always respond.

lol: Thanks, @lostforever;

That's actually a pretty good stat.

If you want to cheese this higher for the next period then just sit tight and wait for Dart's next account to drop by, then pounce and reply to five or six of his posts. Once you get to about 75% respond rate you'll soon be wishing you were back down in the 40s and you'll be cured.

Well, I don’t really have any reference to wether 40% is good or not. I like interacting with Dart. He can be abrasive sometimes, but can’t we all?

NONONONONOOO!!!! Just because nobody responds doesn't mean nobody was interested in what you read! Please don't make me quote 60% of the posts you write and just give "yes, well put" as a response!

I’ll keep that in mind. I just wish we had more posting members. This place can feel quite slow sometimes. Seems more so on weekends.

I don't understand why Dart deletes his account. If things get bit heated I tend take break from here and then I come back after couple months. But I guess its fun new game to guess his new username!

He explained it once. Basically, Posting all the time was taking up too much of his time and the temptation to post is to strong if he has an account. So he deletes it. I suppose opening another account it supposed to be a deterrent.

@sakichop; I use the thumbs-up button (too) often. That is what it is here for, right?

Yes, likes are nice but RPG discussion is better. :)
Why aren't there thumbs up buttons in RPGs? They could put them on every dialog paragraph so you can let the developers know what bits you really love! <crazy grin>

My posting habits have changed insofar that these "discussion battles" have made me become tired ... So nowadays I fire a load, then disappear for a few days. Sometimes I don't even read the responses anymore, especially if they come from Dart.
Because in most cases - or so it feels to me these days - responses are no longer always meant for an intellectual excange of facts and/or opinions, but rather as a try to bring someone down.
And I don't like to be "broght down" anymore, so i don't read many comments anymore, or only after several days.

I think, as an artist, it is VERY important to develop the OWN artistry, so to say, and NOT become influenced by others too much.
So, this belated reading of comments to my own replies is some kind of protection to kep myself away from too much hate or influence.

I do acknowledge the intellectual exchange of facts, though.
This is hard to find these days, however.

Back
Top Bottom