Games you are planning to get? (steam sales)

Yeah quite a few classics have passed me by over the years so I'm playing catch up. I think quality tends to shine through even if the game has dated - I'm currently playing Bloodlines for the first time, which is 15 years old, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. 15 years ago I would have been blown away and probably obsessing about it to be fair, but at least I'm still enjoying it today! So I'm not too worried about the Gothics being dated.

Well my wallet has already been emptied.

I got

Witcher 3 GOTY edition
Tales of Bersia
The Technomancer
Prey
The Long Dark
and Skyborn.

The latter mostly because I play around with Rpgmaker, and like to see what people can do with the engine. Occasionally it inspires me.

So far I have purchased nothing. I might purchase something in the future before the sale ends but right now I feel that I have plenty of games to plays and the games I am interested in will only get cheaper; after all they aren't going to run out of digital copies :)

I bought Darkest Dungeon and Hyper Light Drifter.

I looked at a lot of games during the sale, but I stayed conservative. I still have a considerable amount of games already in my library that I need to play.

This month I got Alpha Protocol and a couple of Adventures I wanted.

Next month I'm going to get Hob and something else, that I have yet to decide on.

I simply don't buy from Steam directly. I just xdon't. I even hesitate to buy retail games with Steam in them.

There is a single exception to this rule : I'm planning to buy "Yoku's Island Express", because it is such a wonderful game.
I played the demo at last's year's Games Com, and I loved it.
It is basically an adventure / pinball game mix. Yes ! This works ! Because the main protagonist is a … dung beetle ? and always carries his bal around with him, this thing acts as the ball within the pinball parts of the game. ;)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/334940/Yokus_Island_Express/

My only wish and hope is that it might appear on GOG one day. If so, it's an instabuy for me ! :D

That is quite the strange looking game, but I've always been super keen on pinball, so something that I might give a go. Like you, Alrik, I'd prefer to purchase from good old games, so I'll give it a wait and see if it winds up there.

I simply don't buy from Steam directly. I just xdon't. I even hesitate to buy retail games with Steam in them.

There is a single exception to this rule : I'm planning to buy "Yoku's Island Express", because it is such a wonderful game.
I played the demo at last's year's Games Com, and I loved it.
It is basically an adventure / pinball game mix. Yes ! This works ! Because the main protagonist is a … dung beetle ? and always carries his bal around with him, this thing acts as the ball within the pinball parts of the game. ;)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/334940/Yokus_Island_Express/

My only wish and hope is that it might appear on GOG one day. If so, it's an instabuy for me ! :D
There was an rpg pinball game that came out a few years ago. I can find the name out if you want Alrik?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yes, please do so. You've pressed my "curiosity button" now. ;)

I wasn't planning on getting anything. My list of unplayed/unfinished Steam games is astronomically huge.
However, I thought I'd have a quick look to see if there were any co-op games I could get for future regular co-op sessions.

Bought Zombie Army Trilogy so far.

Well not to be negative but I have Roller Realms; picked it up as a bundle years ago from somewhere - probably a humble thingy - anyway I only played a couple of hours but it seemed kind of well boring. Maybe I didn't give it long enough.

Never buy much on sale.

I usually buy games when I want to play them, and not because they're cheap.

However, I'm very happy when my current interest and a sale coincide :)

So he's over here again, eh? Welcome back!! :D :D

I had fun with Rollers of the Realm! It's a cheap, fun little pinball game. I didn't finish it but easily got my money's worth.

I talked myself into getting X:Rebirth's Home of Light expansion over in the sales topic. That game has eaten me alive again! Egosoft really knows how to make a game I like. (Eventually.) I'm actually at the worst part where I'm going around tons of stations and getting them to keep me informed on trade deals and still having fun!

Poor Battlestar Galactica has fallen by the wayside. It's a good game but the way it's set up makes it hard to see progress. You aren't rolling over a map, you're just seeing more and bigger Cylons pop in as time goes on.

Back
Top Bottom