Witcher Possible problems in chapter 2.

The Witcher

mute

Sentinel
It was a fight where i was suppose to use one quest item.

Killing the golem

I was having my ass handed to me and decided to releoad. When i reloaded my quest item was no longer with me.

No matter what i reloaded, the game had "used" that quest item. If i where to save the game in that state, i think that quest would have been broken, and so the game.

Solution was to restart the game to restate the games variables, something the game doens't always do.

So, i just write this as a warning. ;) Be careful with overwriting saves... you might have to get back further down in history.

I realized I had 1.7 GiB worth of saves late in chapter 2, since then I've pruned them down to a few hundred MiB regularly. Overwriting saves never really crossed my mind.

Last edited:
What a bummer, mute. That's a long way into the game to have to restart. I too seldom overwrite saves in this game, unless the quick save function does it, but it's good to know that can happen. I go through every so often and delete my saves down to the first and last of each session, but that's an old habit with me and part of that anal micromanagement thing I do. :)

Yeah, to bad, but glad you were able to get by it. :)

In that same area, I have read there is a ...
A special sword.
It only appears during your first load of the area and disappears if you don't find it before you zone.
I haven't made it that far yet, from problems and restarting, so I don't know and it could have been patched, I didn't really look at the date it just came up in a search I was doing.
I can see why it could happen, since anytime you zone any items left on the ground get erased.

Do you mean the one on Wyvern Island? That's never disappeared for me. Perhaps in 1.0?

Yes, that's the one I read about, at official, glad to hear it maybe fixed, thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom