SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - Announced

I've tried the Spellforce games in the past and bounced off them; mainly because I'm just not a fan of RTS gameplay. But I admired their design and can see why people without my strong aversion to RTS elements would enjoy them.

This seems like the perfect game for me. I'm hoping they can bring the same level of design and polish to this. I think Couch mentioned it is the same dev as Fantasy General 2. That was a decent game; not spectacular but pretty good. Hopefully they can take another step with layering on some other systems beyond just tactical battles.

Then you should consider to have a look at Spellforce 2 remastered. SF2 was a superb game when it came out, and it looked beautiful. I haven't played the remaster, but I would expect it to look pleasant enough.
I haven't tried the remaster version either as I own the older versions, but I did buy them on a cheap sale. Might be time to replay the whole series from the beginning.

One of the first in-depth preview/interview of the game.

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo Preview - Rock Paper Shotgun
Ahead of the announcement, developers Owned By Gravity invited me to take a sneaky peek, and I was treated to a hands-off demonstration from producer Jan Wagner. While the game was in a pre-alpha state, it was already looking pretty swish, especially the rather lovely (and lovingly hand-crafted, I later discovered) world map. It all looks very 4X-like, and all four of the exes are present and correct in varying amounts - but there is one significant departure from the formula that Wagner was keen to emphasise.

SpellForce veterans will be pleased to hear that the game is in good hands. Wagner himself served as a producer on the first two SpellForce titles, so Conquest of Eo is something of a homecoming for him. Even though it represents a shift in genre, he's also insistent that it isn't a spin-off of the numbered games, instead presenting a different take on the world. Taking place roughly 100 years after the original game, it serves as a direct sequel to the first two titles in the series, as SpellForce 3 was a prequel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom