What games are you playing now?

You can side with the resistance?? I never had that opportunity, not yet anyway. I'll look for it in a later mission as you said. In the settlement quest chain I just had a "go on date, or not" decision which by standard RPG logic translates as " do you want your settlement, or not".

Got the settlement. When you said resistance I thought you mean't Angaran Resistance...
I don't join gangs - I'm a Pathfinder! I spoiled the assassination, but let Reyes go. No more heads on spikes. Reyes ridicules me for being a 'white knight'.
I create all the settlements I can because that's my primary job as Initiative Pathfinder! Although the game wants to put the Kett as a priority, I see them as an obstacle to the Initiative, not an objective.

Your choice of turning away from heads on spikes is another Bioware failure with writing. Why should you care about someone's display of trophies? Is the planet "Kettfree"? Were you able ever to negotiate with Kett and these atrocities messed up those negotiations? Well then.
Just so you know there is another settlement choice where you can't predict what will it bring in the future if you exchange certain technology for a settlement. No, I don't mean ancient AI.

Kett are not an obstacle, they're aiming to crush the Initiative and destroy it completely. They're a bigger threat to initiative as they use brains instead of the passive phenomenon that destroys life. Sadly, as you don't have a proper military force to back you up, you should forget the silly DA3 inquisitor copypasted style of a title and deal with Kett yourself. Yet another Bioware's scrapped plan fail as you choose if Eos will go military or science but the choice doesn't change the game at all.

Remnant robots and sudoku are obstacles. For whatever reason sudoku never reset. Robots however materialize from thin air.

Forgot to correct you in previous posts, the siding on that one planet is not gay theme, it's actually bi theme and is poorly written. Too many things are poorly written in that game, too many designs are outdated rubbish from inferior hardware, too many things feel like a result of being a coward in front of existing ME trilogy fans.
The game itself was still a fun ride to me. But it's probably just me - I'd take a pisspoor storydriven game over no story random generator any day.

Last edited:
I'm still learning about the Kett and there motivations and I agree that it is frustrating that the game has not allowed me to begin negotiations with them - always forced combat. So far they have not presented much of a threat, the environment ( planetary and scourge ) are more of a problem.
Bi-theme/gay theme... whatever. The game is played by real people (mostly male) looking to fulfill their fantasies. 90% of men are straight, so shouldn't the game accommodate it's audience rather than a pan-sexual agenda?

I don't think the Kett are interested in negotiating.

I'm still learning about the Kett and there motivations and I agree that it is frustrating that the game has not allowed me to begin negotiations with them - always forced combat. So far they have not presented much of a threat, the environment ( planetary and scourge ) are more of a problem.
Bi-theme/gay theme… whatever. The game is played by real people (mostly male) looking to fulfill their fantasies. 90% of men are straight, so shouldn't the game accommodate it's audience rather than a pan-sexual agenda?

If I have something they want, we can negotiate. (Unless the writing doesn't allow it.)

I'm not quite sure about fantasies fulfilling thing in a product that was expected to be alien dating sim. :)
I mean, if you believe 90% of players have exactly the same taste as you, how do you explain FemShep popularity then? :p

Whatever fantasy you're searching for however be prepared to get disappointed. I didn't play through all possible romances of course (exclude friends with benefits!) because it'd be a chore, but watched those I didn't on youtube and (IMO) all, every each one of those romances, suck.
In my opinion there is no agenda there, just horrible writing.
All I can suggest is to ignore ME4 romances fail and push forward with the game.

I'm replaying Might and Magic 8. I've been to 4 of the towns so far and have promoted the dark elf and the cleric. I'm in Garrote Gorge at the moment, wiping out the nagas and I'll probably wipe the dragons too. I find siding with the dragons to be super easy mode, so I generally side with the wimpy soldiers instead. Better loot from dragon corpses too.

Still in Avernum the third, romping through several lairs full of hill giants and other nasty critters. Bought myself a big manse, only to find out the fringe benefits seem to be lacking, other than the quirky servant that came with the abode. They really improved much of the gameplay and exploration elements of this version, I'm impressed and coming to the conclusion that this may be my favourite Spiderweb game of all time.

Not to change topics but i'm playing fallout 3 now for the first time. No clue what I'm doing but I managed to kill cockroaches and picked up dogmeat (by accident; not sure what I hsould do with em - he won't stop following and i'm fraid to tell him to go back to that mean vault). Hum. Not sure how far I will go - want to spin up battletech soon as it looks really really really good.

ESO anniversary event EXTENDED is almost over. Still going on Dragon's Dogma. Lots of stuff to do, but not sure how long this going to go for. Still haven't gone to Bitter Back Isle or killed a Griffon. It will be paused if I'm not done by POE 2 release.

I say continue FO3.
Battletech won't escape anywhere and it doesn't seem to be one of mustplay immeadiately games so far. I might be wrong though, maybe it turns out to be this year's GOTY, still there is no reason to rush on it.
https://www.pcgamer.com/battletech-review/
There's a lengthy, story-driven series of critical path missions to guide you, and while these are ostensibly optional they often come with the best rewards and gate your access to certain game features.
I enjoyed the story, but diving into it headlong feels like the right way to play in a manner that undermines the freedom that an open campaign structure purports to offer.
Similarly, the campaign's light RPG elements feel underdeveloped. When you create your character you construct their background through a questionnaire, but the choices you make here don't seem to impact very much at all. Likewise, each of your pilots has a series of keywords that define who they are—criminal, soldier, noble, etc—but this never seems to have an influence on battles or the story.

These feel like hooks for systems that aren't quite in place yet, and their absence is one of the things holding BattleTech back from all-round excellence.
Given the product description I wouldn't go this harsh, but then again PCG sometimes gets excited over irrelevant things (to me) and considers mediocre stories as excellent so… I'll definetly buy it because of those storydriven missions. It's gimme a story or forgeddit. Just not now.

Hum. Continue with fallout 3 or switch to battletech. Btw I hate robots.

Continue FO3. If you're not hyped for the game then it's always better to wait a few days for the inevitable first hot patches. Me? I can't wait so I'll be clicking Play as soon as I click 'post' here.

Go with Fallout three, that's my advice. Battletech might be great, but Fallout three is proven awesomeness, if you've not played it before, do yourself a huge favour and enjoy!!! When you are done and spent, Battletech will be there to reap your will and test your mettle!

FarCry 5 the world is beautiful but the forced kidnapping of my character every milestone in the game is getting irritating. Also the feeling of nothing you do matters as you play.

Also the endings are much worse then previous games.

Paradox has produced so many turn-based strategy games over the years, I am sceptical battletech will have much new to offer. On the other hand, Fallout 3 does have power armor jet packing and settlement building which was somewhat innovative for an open world rpg at the time.

On the other hand, Fallout 3 does have power armor jet packing and settlement building which was somewhat innovative for an open world rpg at the time.

I think you are mixing up Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 there. I don't remember any settlement building in Fallout 3. Unless redecorating Megaton with an active nuclear bomb count.

Started playing Battletech. Initial impressions... I'm loving it!
Interface takes a bit to get used to, and interestingly enough a lot of the explanations happen once you get into your ship, after your first mission after the tutorial (which only covers the very basics), so in my first mission I made a bunch of mistakes that cost me a couple of injuries and lost a couple of mech parts, but it's ok. So far so good. No bugs or anything so far. I have a SSD so load times are nothing to complain about (might be long for those without SSD but come on, in this day and age I consider a SSD a required PC part).

Back
Top Bottom