Elex After playing Elex for a long time IMO Elex is better than the Gothic games

I played Gothic games at release and enjoyed them but I can't play the vanilla Gothic 1 or 2 these days due to dated graphics. May be thats the reason.

Fluent demoed an upgraded renderer in his ASMR voice for Gothic 2:

@Caddy;, you can also peep my latest Let's Play videos for the game to see it in action more. Episodes 41+ all use the renderer.

Example:

I really enjoyed the game. It looks very nice with the renderer.

I just want the eyebrows fixed! Jax's are horrible.

First feeling, less than 10H lol (ok but make the fun last longer in your life, let it pause and develop in mind, take time to savor, that makes sense and no matter the game there will be only one first play in your whole life, so rush it when it is good this is non sense) and first feeling is beside combats yeah Elex is at another level and even for Gothic 2 Gold it seems it won't match (but for combats).

I honestly wasnt expecting much from the game after how bad the Risen games have gotten, but Piranha Bytes have redeemed themselves. I have almost completed it after spending more than a 100 hours into the game and I justg had to say how awesome it is. It has the Gothic climbing as well as the jet pack which helps you climb even higher. The crafting system is great, the combat i have really warmed to. All the factions have flaws. The story so far has been great.

I hope Piranha Bytes stay with THQ Nordic, they have both "risen" (sorry) like a phoenix. I expect great things out of them in the future. Please support both by buying this game, this game deserves the sales and both deserve to release new games in the future.
I agree with you 100% as I just started playing Elex myself. I haven't had so much fun with any Piranha Bytes since the Gothic games when I first played them.

The setting is also original and not just another fantasy or pirate game. Now I wonder how the game sold? As I would love to play more content, or sequels in the future.

I agree with you 100% as I just started playing Elex myself. I haven't had so much fun with any Piranha Bytes since the Gothic games when I first played them.

The setting is also original and not just another fantasy or pirate game. Now I wonder how the game sold? As I would love to play more content, or sequels in the future.

It sold about 320k at ~$50.

It sold about 320k at ~$50.
Not great but it's a good start.:(

1. 16,000,000 US - (Publisher & Steam get a percentage also)
  2. 12,858,080 Euro -
Now they should focus on expansions, bundles, and sales.

Not great but it's a good start.:(

1. 16,000,000 US - (Publisher & Steam get a percentage also)
  2. 12,858,080 Euro -
Now they should focus on expansions, bundles, and sales.

I was referring to sales across all platforms aside from GOG because i dont have those numbers.

Steam: 180k
PS4: 120k
XB1:20k

With GOG it would be about 350 i think.

PB stated early on that Elex won't have DLC or an expansion, but they've already indicated that there will be a sequel.
Well I had no internet for almost a year and didn't follow the games development to closely. Thanks for the information about a possible sequel. I'll definitely buy it.
I was referring to sales across all platforms aside from GOG because i dont have those numbers.

Steam: 180k
PS4: 120k
XB1:20k

With GOG it would be about 350 i think.
So it sold better that's also good news.

Last edited:
I love PB, but if Elex2 will have the same humor Elex has (read: none), I can't promise buying it. After Bones in R3 I thought they're finally on the right track and then they made Elex stiff characters.

I was quite surprised by how much I enjoyed Elex, and I really wish they'd consider doing an expansion. If I have to wait for the sequel that's fine, but I think they are really missing an opportunity here to make a stellar game even more memorable with additional content.

I love Gothic 1/2/3 and the active Gothic community was why I joined RPG Dot and Watch but I really don't like Elex. I tried twice for about 15 hours each time but I couldn't continue and haven't touched it in months; probably never will either. It does have good exploration potential but the characters and setting do not appeal at all.

It didn't exactly suck me in the first two or three hours that I played, but the more I explored and started to meet up with folks, the more intrigued I was by the towns, people, and various situations. It does get better, if that helps.

I only put in 10 hours or so and plan to restart. My impression may change but my gut reaction is that I cannot believe we are even entertaining the notion that this is superior to Gothic.

I also wouldn't say it is superior to the Gothic games, certainly not Gothic the second, at least not for me. By its own, though, I think it is totally worth playing and exploring, and a Gothic fan just might enjoy it a bit more than someone not exposed to that universe.

Well, it's 4th on the global top sellers right now thanks to the 50% sale.

A guy from Spellbound - now part of PB's publisher THQ Nordic - mentioned in the latest DevPlay vlog that Elex is selling very well. Björn didn't see the need to correct him.

I guess this doesn't mean in absolute numbers but rather compared to the publisher's projections.

So it seems Elex is moving enough units to make it worthwhile for the involved parties to continue this path.

Back
Top Bottom