Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Trailer

It'll probably be like in Mass Effect, you are someone called 'V' but you can fully customize him/her in appearance, gender and class.
No.
No Mako = no Mass Effect.

Well, we found out what they sunk a hundred million dollars into.. Artistically it has okayish art direction. They FKD UP real contrast with that new engine sporting overly "realistic lighting" and the PBR crap. Has nice characters and the camera work, action / story direction feels to be on par with Mass Effect 1-3. Lots of scenes shown is reassuring. Imagine the tonnes of insane amount of work put into this game by 200+ developers. At least it has quality, so they didn't burn all that money. :D

Looks great, I'm definately interested in it.

So a futuristic witcher type game:)

Seems like the "hidden" text from the trailer hasn't been mentioned here yet…
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/10/17447066/cyberpunk-2077-trailer-hidden-text

Judging from what's there, it sounds like this game is still a long ways off.

The weird thing about that is that the CEO basically said they didn't want a long marketing campaign last year in an investor call…and they are already running Youtube ads.

Also, more stuff is coming Tuesday (on Geoff Keighley's E3 Coliseum show), they had gk_wip under the e3_trailer on the xbox conference "hacking".

lol.

Mildly interested, but if the game is exclusively multiplayer i.e, MMO, then I'm out.

Mildly interested, but if the game is exclusively multiplayer i.e, MMO, then I'm out.
If you read the text I linked above that CDPR hid inside the trailer, it says straight-up: "Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG."

If you read the text I linked above that CDPR hid inside the trailer, it says straight-up: "Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG."
Amen after that Fallout 76 presentation.

Looking forward to watching some gameplay footage next.

I'll play it eventually regardless, but I just hope it has better character development (stats, etc., not storywise) than The Witcher 3.

Amen after that Fallout 76 presentation.

Looking forward to watching some gameplay footage next.

One of their PR responded "E3 is not over yet", to a question will we see any gameplay, on Twitter.

Still, I'd take this with a grain of pepper.

That was definitely in-engine footage. You can see some disappearing NPCs and LoD popping in towards the end. Looks great to me and it's kinda weird to read online about people being so stuck up on what cyberpunk is "supposed to look like".

Looks great to me and it's kinda weird to read online about people being so stuck up on what cyberpunk is "supposed to look like".

Looks good to me, too -- kind of a midway point between now and Blade Runner. I love Blade Runner, but who says cyberpunk has to be Blade Runner?

I'm happy with it. The grimy inner city aesthetic in Cyberpunk is overused.

Love that message from the trailer.
“It’s been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and… went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things — you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves and get to work. We wanted to give you the Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077’s pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point we made the decisions to resume talking about the game when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realize you’ve been impatiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn’t like anyone to feel that we’re taking this for granted. On the contrary — it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too

But to the point. Today is the day. If you’re seeing this, it means you saw the trailer. – our vision for Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don’t let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You’ll be able to create your own character and… well, you’ll get to know the rest of what show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions,

When?

When we told you we would only release the game when it’s ready, we meant it. We’re definitely much closer to a release date than we were back then but it’s still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us. It’s the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big?

Seriously big, but… to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we’ll do this before we start talking about pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM

Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077, will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions?

In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you posted we treat it very seriously.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED Team.

Not sure why people complain it's bright etc (how else does something look on a sunny day?) are they clueless as to what open world RPG's are these days? That they e.g have weather and day/night systems? I'm sure the game will have rain, fog and dark nights.

Back
Top Bottom