Wasteland 3 - Patch 1.3.0

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Our GotY Wasteland 3 got a huge patch:

Patch 1.3.0 "Robots & Rangers" Now Live!

It is a mystical time in the mysterious land of Wastelandia! Dragons are afoot, and rogue knights parlay with wicked constabularies to win over fair maidens' hearts... Ok, ok, fine. None of that is true. There's nothing mystical about burnt out Colorado in the post-apocalypse, and there most certainly are no dragons mucking about.

So if there's no dragons and wizardry, then what in the hell is with the dungeon spelunking theme? Well, it's a strange world, people dress up like clowns and dead presidents, and our last patch was themed after a bowl of cannibal chili, so, whatever. It's a weird world.

Let us get back on thine proper track! Last week we announced that Patch 1.3.0 would be getting the first set of free costumes, as well as a tease of a new difficulty setting: Tourist mode. Of course that's not all, and this patch is packed full of fixes and changes to improve the quality of your life--which is our #1 goal.

Alright, well, time to dig into the patch notes!

Update: We originally said PlayStation was going to be delayed, but it's not! All platforms will be published around the same time.

• New difficulty mode: Tourist
    • New Hair, Beards, and Pants have been added to character creation.
    • The Handmade Wizard and Knight costumes will let you roleplay all your Robots & Rangers fantasies. Anyone already past the Cornered Rats mission (Garden of the Gods) will receive them automatically, while anyone progressing through the quests will want to head back to Ranger HQ to claim the care package outside the front doors. Equip the costumes at the wardrobe in Ranger HQ or the clothing shop in Downtown Colorado Springs ... and attack the darkness!
  • Intelligence now gives +1 skill point for every point of Intelligence spent, up from +1 every other point.
    • Note: The missing Book Learnin' note becomes available after passing a Leadership skill check when first meeting the Patriarch and then speaking to Magistrate Silas Watkins in Downtown Colorado Springs.
    • The missing cassette tapes "Kidnappers in Trouble" is in the Gett Family Homestead in a new container. "A Proposal" is in the Machine Commune, just west of Vivisecto.
  • Resolved an animation stutter that appeared as a framerate drop while moving, and was particularly noticeable on the PlayStation 4.
  • More actions are now able to be bound to keyboard and mouse, most notably camera panning. The game will also unmap double-bound keys to prevent input conflicts, and warn you about missing keybinds before you leave the menu.
[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

It seems they have *finally* fixed the keyboard mapping so that people with something else than QWERTY can play. About time!

I wouldn't bet too much on it working correctly though.

It seems they have *finally* fixed the keyboard mapping so that people with something else than QWERTY can play. About time!

I wouldn't bet too much on it working correctly though.

finally. now it is about to start a first session.

Excellent! I'm waiting for "We began working on our new game and so this is the final patch for Wasteland 3.." by Christmas. :D hehe

I didn't even know there was keyboards that were not QWERTY...

Excellent! I'm waiting for "We began working on our new game and so this is the final patch for Wasteland 3.." by Christmas. :D hehe

I think they have multiple teams now…

Yup, after the second game experience I had, no matter how much I wanted to dive early into the third, I kept reminding myself how frustrating all the updates were. So I'll be trying this one out later, thanks to all those doing testing for me. =)

Ha...six months maybe 5 patches and no major DLC good job inXile.:clap:

I didn't even know there was keyboards that were not QWERTY…

Yes, there are other kinds… I used to live in France and there I used an AZERTY keyboard. I think German-speaking countries use another kind too.

Last edited:
Yes, there are other kinds… I used to live in France and there we used a AZERTY keyboard. I think German-speaking countries use another kind too.

Yes, we use QWERTZ here, cause there's no need for a Y in the German language.

I played through it after launch and it was stable and fun, with a few minor bugs. Still, I'm waiting for the DLC-complete Director's Enhanced Deluxe Royal Edition to become available before I dive into it again.

I didn't even know there was keyboards that were not QWERTY…

Yeah, unfortunately. Make me curse whenever I travel to France. And in a few games, such as Oblivion, they sort of assume I have a Azerty keyboard because my PC main language is french, despite de fact that french-canadian PC are a (slightly modified to add éèà..) qwerty. It's a pain to re-map the keys.

I've experienced some keyboards like that when I was living in Canada. I never tried one other than just for demonstration purposes, as the one style that I was used to was available, but I have at least seen them.

Back
Top Bottom