Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Kickstarter Update and new Partner

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Owlcat Games announced their partnership with META Publishing for Wrath of the Righteous and here's the new Kickstarter update:

The final beta - sprinting towards the release!

Hello Crusaders,

Less than 2 months are left until Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is released. Are you excited? We are! We are also hard at work fixing bugs, but before the release we want to show you our progress once more! Welcome - The Final Beta test!

If you backed on Kickstarter or pre-ordered at Early Access tier or higher, and activated beta in Steam, it will download the new version automatically. If you haven't activated your code on Steam yet, you need to get your code for beta in the Digital Download tab on our backer's portal, and then activate it as a new product in Steam. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous beta works only with Steam and Windows. But when the game is ready, you will be able to select the platform and also play on Mac. If you don't have Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Early Access, but want to try beta, you can still pre-order it here. If you are not in beta, but want to support us, you can add Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous to your wishlist on Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store. Now let's see what's new in this version!

The UI keeps evolving!

When you launch the game, you will be able to see the new main menu! Compared to Pathfinder: Kingmaker, it became darker, to reflect the mood of the new game. And a magical mirror will now show you where you stopped before you quit the game the last time.

The crusade interface has also improved, and we've fixed various glitches with the UI.

Additionally, you will now get party banter when resting on the global map, and when you are back to your hub (safe location), you will be able to craft there.

More music!

Yes, we keep adding more music into the game! And even some orchestral version will be in the beta this time! To refresh your memory, you can watch this video from back when we recorded them with Baltic Symphony Orchestra.

[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Just got this downloaded to try out the updates over the weekend!

This game seems to become demanding, like Solasta. Just staying in the menu takes more than 50% GPU… and it's static, there's nothing there.
I'm wondering if the new Unity versions have something wrong with the RTX cards.

The little of the UI I saw seemed much more polished (my preferred improvement is that the main menu appears instantly now, no more waiting for the zoom-in effect). And those classes… I don't even know how to choose, so many of them! :D Which is fine if it takes more time, there's a nice music during the character creation process.

This game seems to become demanding, like Solasta. Just staying in the menu takes more than 50% GPU… and it's static, there's nothing there.
I'm wondering if the new Unity versions have something wrong with the RTX cards.

Use FRAPS or a similar program to see what your framerate is in the menu. If your GPU use is due to a really high framerate, forcing vsync might help. It's a common issue in Unity Engine games.

Last edited:
Use FRAPS or a similar program to see what your framerate is in the menu. If your GPU use is due to a really high framerate, forcing vsync might help. It's a common issue in Unity Engine games.
I'm already capping it at 60. Some people had this problem in other games, indeed, but I didn't.

The only game that had an issue was NWN: EE since the latest graphic improvements. First time I heard some whistling noise when starting the game, it was running at 200-300 FPS ;)

I'll just turn features down, SSR is one of most impacting ones apparently (in a menu, wtf?).

I wish this kind of orchestra music was available on CD, too ...

I just remember the launch of the first Pathfinder, and while, in the end, I did enjoy the game, I'll be waiting this one out, long after the full release and subsequent patching take place. I do look forward to playing it eventually, though, and I'm glad they've a new partner, it also pleases me to see them schedule the release for so many platforms.

Honestly, I probably won't be able to resist playing it right away, and I expect that after Kingmaker's rocky start, this will ship in pretty good shape.

Me three but then I have been playing both the alpha and beta and eager to finally play to the end :)

Honestly, I probably won't be able to resist playing it right away, and I expect that after Kingmaker's rocky start, this will ship in pretty good shape.

Yeah, about that... I have a question for those that have beta access: how the game is doing concerning bugs? Is it a smoother experience than KM?

Lol, this autumn is shaping up to be intense.

I haven't played Solasta yet, the summer heat has kept me away from most gaming. Just tried it out a little bit, same thing with "Encased", same story with "Colony ship".

Then I have also bought a couple of non-rpgs "Everspace 2" and "Jupiter Hell" and then the soon to be ea "Black Geyser" and the upcoming "Expeditions:Rome" and finally "Pathfinder" that impacts in September....

So much interesting gaming to do, not enough time...:smug:

Yeah, about that… I have a question for those that have beta access: how the game is doing concerning bugs? Is it a smoother experience than KM?
I haven't played beta 3 yet (this last update) except what I wrote above. Beta 2 still had a lot of bugs because they wanted to put as many features as possible for us to test before focusing on bugs, so it was "on purpose" if you will.

Seeing how much GPU it's using in beta 3, I don't think I'll be playing it.

If I were you I'd wait a little bit after the final release and ask then.

Bad programming all over the place. This is ridiculous. These games should run well on DirectX 9.

I haven't played beta 3 yet (this last update) except what I wrote above. Beta 2 still had a lot of bugs because they wanted to put as many features as possible for us to test before focusing on bugs, so it was "on purpose" if you will.

Seeing how much GPU it's using in beta 3, I don't think I'll be playing it.

If I were you I'd wait a little bit after the final release and ask then.

Thanks. Looking forward to playing WotR, but I will wait until the game is polished. That's because I am a traumatized backer of PFKM. I loved the game, I have played hundreds of hours. But the bugs ruined my first playthrough, they literally ruined my kingdom and I had to cheat to complete the game.

Nod Gabriel, I took an over three year hiatus from the game because of the very same faults, and a week after I came back to finally complete it, they did yet ANOTHER huge update. What lesson did that teach me? Sometimes waiting over three years simply isn't long enough, this time I'll be a wiser cat. I look forward to playing it for sure, yet not being constantly frustrated either.

Nod Gabriel, I took an over three year hiatus from the game because of the very same faults, and a week after I came back to finally complete it, they did yet ANOTHER huge update.
You were really unlucky on this one :( Just before, it was mostly fine.

Ah, the art of waiting just long enough before playing a game... ;)

Back
Top Bottom