Black Geyser - PC Giveaway (US only)

Redglyph

proud GASP member
The Black Geyser Team is organizing a PC giveaway.

2 Days Until Release: Win A Black Geyser Themed Custom PC With PC Gamer!

To celebrate our upcoming launch into Early Access, we're incredibly pleased to announce that we'll be giving away a custom Black Geyser themed PC over on PC Gamer.

How to enter

Head to the site, follow the giveaway instructions (which is basically just wishlisting Black Geyser from their site!) and you'll be entered into the draw. More actions give you more entries!

Please note: entries into the competition are for US residents only.

The competition closes on Sunday 5th September, with a winner chosen on Monday 6th.

Good luck!
EDIT: Linux & Mac releases delayed, see below.

More information.

Last edited:
The style is ... very themed :p

b89fd4b79fe29d22ae8813e95d35203d26c02a22.png

3a8ab5dd25e6d3b34c3b00ad92b20a55f15b14c5.png

That actually looks very cool. I went through a biker phase at one time so…yeah.

I must have it.

A local PC magazine used to run these monthly "send us your design and we'll mod your case" competitions and one month they had a Fallout themed one with an Enclave helmet built in like this. This really reminds me of that. I like it. I'll try to find the Fallout modded case, the PC magazine has a very good archive of their issues on their website.

Edit: found it. It definitely looked cooler back then, but it's still kind of cool:
skac01spec12.velika.jpg

Release Delayed for Linux & Mac

Another update, I don't feel like making a news for it.
Over the last few weeks we’ve been hard at work putting Black Geyser through its paces, to make sure it’s as bug free as possible across both PC, Mac and Linux systems.

Unfortunately, in recent days we’ve encountered several critical issues on Mac and Linux that has led to use making the difficult decision to delay their respective releases by several weeks. We’re incredibly sorry for this, and know there are plenty of you who were looking forward to exploring Isilmerald.

Where both platforms are concerned, unavoidable issues have arisen in the building process for these platforms, and the team is working hard to resolve them as quickly as possible.

As soon as we're able, we'll be providing Mac and Linux users with an update on when you can expect to be able to play Black Geyser.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

I think they are wasting their time on the Linux port. Valve's proton is already good enough for this type of game and by the time Steam Deck comes out it should be even better. For Mac, I have no idea but I think proton is not available.

- A Linux user

I think they are wasting their time on the Linux port. Valve's proton is already good enough for this type of game and by the time Steam Deck comes out it should be even better. For Mac, I have no idea but I think proton is not available.

- A Linux user
I've read good things about Proton, I didn't know Valve was involved in this project but it makes sense. Steam Deck should be a good motivator indeed.

I'm mostly using Linux in remote or on old laptops these days, so I've never had a reason to try it out.

I've read good things about Proton, I didn't know Valve was involved in this project but it makes sense. Steam Deck should be a good motivator indeed.

I'm mostly using Linux in remote or on old laptops these days, so I've never had a reason to try it out.

They boast something like 70% Steam games playable atm and are aiming for 100% compatibility when the Steam Deck comes out. The main obstacle they are facing are games that have anti-cheat software like Easy Anti Cheat included or some DRM solutions, not the games themselves. I think they are working with the developers of such software to make it work on proton.

Love the case and I even signed up which is like really rare for this curmudgeon. Of course, I don't have accounts on most of the links they ask you to enter for more entries, but that's fine. Twitter/Facebook/Youtube meh.

Those are hideous, to my eyes. Both the Black Geyser one and the Fallout "computer edition". I know its a case of "well, some crpg fans go for this type of stuff!" and it goes with the territory in a way, but oh man, to me - its cringe.

And not happy to report, the game itself is clunky, the little bit I have played it so far in the demo. Sorry, but it is. They were talking about it in the demo thread, the bad impressions were beating the good impressions.

There is a silly little system where you have to click on tiny buttons/slots to dry herbs and then ground them. Not fun but just overly complicated, an unnecessary mini-type game. Time-waster for no good reason.

I don't remember the last time I thought a mini-game was actually fun in an rpg.
I can't even think of one.

*early morning rant over* :p

IMHO, all RtwP games should also have a turn based option... now that a few games have proven it possible without seemingly too much effort. Just my preference...

They're waiting until all turn-based games have a RTwP option first ;)

Why wouldn't the game be the prize ?

Don't they think people would want their game ?

Could you post their website link? I like reading through old magazines :cool:

I never saw a PC modded with a skull but that does look nice!

Sure but it is in Serbian so it's probably not what you're looking for. Also, the archive is not made from scanned issues but they made all the articles available online (I think it's all the articles, never compared it to one of my physical issues).

Anyway, the issues from 1998 til now are available here. Couple of the latest issues are not fully available yet, and they started publication way before 1998 but those issues are not available.

Back
Top Bottom