Gothic 3 Haven't started main quest yet

Neo

Lone Wolf
Hello there people,

I'm posting this to see whether I am doing something wrong or not. I am currently just roaming around, doing some quests and all.

I am level 32, have heavy rebels armor, self-forged bastard sword+sharpened; yet I haven't even started on the first Main q (never went to Xardas)... I haven't even went into Varant or Nordmarr yet! I cleared Ardea, Cape Dun, Vanguard (as far as possible; clearing inside and outside) and I am almost ready to do Silden.

Do you think I should start on the main quest, or it is O.k. to keep on roaming for some time?

Some mild spoilers:

If you are unlucky you can break the main quest through early liberation. Some of the orc leaders (the Trelis one has a necessary item and the one in Gelden has a useful map that isnt strictly necessary) have items that you can get to either by performing quests for the leaders, or by killing them. Liberation can however make surviving orcs run away (as you might have noticed), and if the leader wasnt killed you could be screwed). There is also a problem that talking to orc city leaders (but only these leaders) might make ALL orcs permanently hostile after you've liberated a few cities. If you've received the "someone is liberating our cities" warning from a leader it is unwise to liberate more places before you have talked to all the orc chiefs.

There is one way around this though. Enter the orc leaders house and shoot him with an arrow or a fireball before getting close enough for him to initiate dialogue. Once hostile he wont tell you that all suspicious morras should be killed on sight:p Attacking him first also assures you that his body will be there to loot once the city is free...

Otherwise it is fine to just roam around, it is just the actual liberation that could screw things up.

If you want to get on with it I assume you have talked to the king? Follow the leads to Xardas and things will unfold...

Hello there people,

I'm posting this to see whether I am doing something wrong or not. I am currently just roaming around, doing some quests and all.

You are doing nothing wrong, just playing the game and doing what you want. I did the Mainquests only when I was near a location needed for a Mainquest...and my first visit in Vengard was with level 68. :)

heh, I liberated Vangard in level 20-25 :).

Well, it seems like I won't be liberating any more cities then, just doing quests. I will go to Varant after this -- I presume doing everything in Varant doesn't influence the main quest? And after that I will go to Nordmarr.

heh, I liberated Vangard in level 20-25 :).

Well, it seems like I won't be liberating any more cities then, just doing quests. I will go to Varant after this -- I presume doing everything in Varant doesn't influence the main quest? And after that I will go to Nordmarr.

Helping the Nordmarians in Nordmar or the Hashishin/Nomads in Varant has no effect on the mainquestline - only if you find Artifacts or other Questitems.

I'm generally roaming the world as well and I'm currently level 32. I tend to do all the possible quests in all the cities (of course with the exception of side specific quests for site I don't want to support). I would say that this will bring to my hands all the necessary items that I might need as part of the main quest (maps as an example).

Right if you free to many towns then all Orc even in Varant will attack you on site which will cause the whole town to attack you if you hit back, iir.
So I went around doing every possible quest short of freeing or elemenating the resistance.

Yup the Orc leader of Silden just gave me the warning, just I guess I won't clear any cities anymore. I am now in Geldern to quest some.

For those who wonder what took me so long to get to Geldern; I go from city to city, completing as much quests as possible per city before moving to the next. Started with Ardea > Cape Dun/Reddock > Montera/Okara > Silden etc.

Geldern was among the last town in Myrtana for me too (Faring was the last one IIRC). The woods to the north of it were relatively nasty, but I had some funs luring ogres into town:)

I also became insta-attacked by the orcs in Geldern. It's so tempting to steal all the stuff that is on display... Geldern ended up as my first liberated town after Ardea because of that.

Well I played like an hour without saving, and when arriving in Geldern (I have to say, I am really annoying about how Thorus looks and acts now! He was my friggin' Captain in G2), I walked down the stairs into the "money-hole"... not a smart move.

I liberated Ardea, Cape Dun and cleared Vangard... I have every other town except Faring rep 75+ so It's time to go to Faring and after that to either Varant or Nordmar. I can't wait to see Lee, but I also want to learn dualwield :)

i think you are thinking of trelis neo. there is a quest for that 'money hole' too. and i think you are thinking of jarvis who was your captain (mercenary from the new camp). thorus was the guard to the castle at the old camp and also showed up in the addon, in the upper quarter of the bandit camp.

My bad, yes, Trelis. I have the quest for that money hole. But no, I am talking about Thorus. He is at Trelis guarding the southern gate, and looks way different then before.

yes i know that is thorus, but i was referring to your comment about "he was my friggin' captain". thorus wasn't even in gothic 2 until the addon. jack the old salty dog whose lighthouse got taken over by bandits, jarvis who was a mercenary on onar's farm, and the guy you helped get into the monastery were the 3 choices for captain if i recall correctly. he looks different just like gorn and angar are different. originally they were voiced by the same actor as well who unlike gothic 3 didn't have marbles in his mouth. a lot of the actors from gothic 1 and 2 have been in other 'english' made games. i remember gorn's voice from urban chaos and and milten's from project eden both published by eidos and made in the uk.

i think the one from onar's farm was torlof (he's the one that gave you merc jobs) rather than jarvis (i think he was the one who wanted you to beat up sentenza's men)

Back
Top Bottom