The TV Series discussion thread

You can actually get english audio in this one, though I think that would be a mistake.

I am watching it in original language (German) with PT-BR subtitles. Damn, @HiddenX;, my "learn-by-yourself German course" will take waaaay too longer than I thought :)

Last edited:
We've watched the first seven episodes of Dark over the past week or so, we're quite enjoying it. Not in Twin Peak's league, but certainly watchable and different from most junky television. I'm hoping for a truly bonkers finale.

Just finished watching the first three episodes, and I like it a lot so far. It's like someone threw Twin Peaks, Stranger Things, and The OA into a blender and added a dash of Donnie Darko for good measure. :)

I hope the English dubbing is exact or at least as exact as a translation from German to English can be. I wanted to watch it in German, but my GF doesn't like subtitles and insisted on English audio.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the first three episodes, and I like it a lot so far. It's like someone threw Twin Peaks, Stranger Things, and The OA into a blender and added a dash of Donnie Darko for good measure. :)

I hope the English dubbing is exact or at least as exact as a translation from German to English can be. I wanted to watch it in German, but my GF doesn't like subtitles and insisted on English audio.
Watched 2 episodes.
Never heard about OA. It's not Twin Peaks nor Stranger things IMO, it did remind me on something and while I can't pinpoint what, definetly not those two.
Finally, Dark is lightyears better than Donnie Darko garbage. In fact anything is better than that bullshit movie.

So your GF is illiterate or is dyslexic. In case of former I cannot help but suggest watching kiddie cartoons that are always dubbed.
In case of latter, there is a way. Use 3rd party subtitles (grab fansubs or use Google on how to hack those from streams), turn into ass format that can force font type then apply on streams through browser plugins - with this:
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20171204-the-typeface-that-helps-dyslexics-read
Note that my best friend is dyslexic and I have respect for these people as all of them are trying to somehow overcome the brain mechanics that is trying to interpret 2D symbols as 3D objects.
But I have no respect for people who are so lazy they refuse to learn letters.

For kicks, I tried switching to English audio in Dark - and..... NOT GOOD.

Seriously, you need to watch a quality show like this in its original form.

Well, that would be my recommendation.

Additionally, if I watched Forbrydelsen, Bron/Broen, I Kina spiser de hunde/Gamle mænd i nye biler… With dubs and not subs…
I'd probably get so sick to never watch anything again for the rest of my life.

I always prefer the original language, I hate dubbing.
Speaking of Germany and dubbing, Germans seem to be fond of it too. And it sounds awful, if you ask me. One of the reasons it has been ages since I watched German tv.

Watched 2 episodes.
Never heard about OA. It's not Twin Peaks nor Stranger things IMO, it did remind me on something and while I can't pinpoint what, definetly not those two.
Finally, Dark is lightyears better than Donnie Darko garbage. In fact anything is better than that bullshit movie.

Of the names I mentioned, I'm reminded of The OA the most. It's hard to explain why without dropping spoilers, but anyone who liked Dark should check out The OA as well.

So your GF is illiterate or is dyslexic. In case of former I cannot help but suggest watching kiddie cartoons that are always dubbed.

Uh…no. A lot of people simply don't prefer subtitles. I would have thought that even you would be intelligent enough to understand that.

Oh I'm intelligent enough to despise deliberate hatred on sound of "exotic" languages.
What will happen if you travel with her abroad where you can't use Star Trek universal translator? Mental breakdown?

I'm aware she's everything to you and you have to defend her whims. But to me she's just another anonymous Michael Dudikoff fan.

I think this is one of those times when you have to assume joxer doesn't actually mean what he's saying :)

I actually hate that he posts as much as he does due to what newcomers might think about RPGWatch because of him.

Well, I'm the tolerant sort. I'd have to be, wouldn't I? ;)

Watch have survived me, so they can survive more than most.

Sometimes, though, I do wonder if he really believes half of what he's saying. I sure hope not, for his sake!

Of the names I mentioned, I'm reminded of The OA the most. It's hard to explain why without dropping spoilers, but anyone who liked Dark should check out The OA as well.

Yes, I'm liking Dark but I'm struggling with The OA. Actually, we (me and wife) started watching The OA first, then we moved to Dark. We watched maybe 4 OA episodes and I think the story is slow to develop, way too slow… To the point, we won't return to OA series now, maybe after watching Dark first. We put OA on standby mode.

I think The OA lacks some action, and perhaps that's my fault, hoping for a kind of series The OA simply isn't. But if The OA's story doesn't gain some traction (at least from episode 4 on) I don't know if I will finish watching the 1st season.

Last edited:
Tried watching the first episode of OA - but it didn't grab me. I can't even remember why or what it was about. Not a great sign :)

I think The OA lacks some action, and perhaps that's my fault, hoping for a kind of series The OA simply isn't. But if The OA's story doesn't gain some traction (at least from episode 4 on) I don't know if I will finsih watching the 1st season.

The OA definitely starts out a little slow. I think anyone who dismissed it quickly missed out on an interesting story and some strong performances.

If you're looking for lots of action though, you won't find it.

I do wonder if he really believes half of what he's saying. I sure hope not, for his sake!
Don't wonder, I do.
I dare to say in live "version" I'm even more blunt than here. See… Here rarely I hear things like if a baby pooped or burped. The most strange thing is that kids adore me for some reason, although I really can't stand them for more than a second so I have to force myself not to get nasty towards those little creatures - they didn't choose to be born and their job at their age is to annoy people.
Basically, whoever passed 21 does not get spared. When I'm sober. When I'm drunk, I love everyone.

Don't you worry about my sakes, I have a specific attitude where I don't care if someone will feel insulted or not. This doesn't mean I'll call people idiots or cretins. My job is to put up a statement that is supposed to turn the other side's sleeping brain on. Who can't stand that heat…
There are a few who've chosen to stay away from me unless I'm drunk. TBH I don't miss their personal "dramas" they always tend to bring up yet never really thought about what was saying.

About possible problems newbs would have with my posts, we can always agree that I don't reply to anyone who has less than 100 posts. Or 200. Will that change anything? I don't think so, but if you want, I can do that.

Anyway, so far I haven't seen a character like me in TV series. It's always cliche after cliche and already seen 100 times behaviors. I'm still searching, please, lemme know if such TV show appears.
Tried watching the first episode of OA - but it didn't grab me. I can't even remember why or what it was about. Not a great sign :)
In that case, due to our radically opposite taste, I'll definetly watch it. Wasn't planning… :p

The OA definitely starts out a little slow. I think anyone who dismissed it quickly missed out on an interesting story and some strong performances.

If you're looking for lots of action though, you won't find it.

I'm not looking for lots of action. But maybe a character whose voice doesn't make me feel asleep… (OA's main character) :D

Back
Top Bottom