|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » rare immersive sim games

Default rare immersive sim games

February 19th, 2018, 23:03
Hi trying to find as many immersive sim games with rpg elements a bonus, to check out.

Favorites are Ultima Underworlds, Arx fatalis, Deus Ex, Thief (though stealth only is limiting somewhat) and such.

Heard maybe these are Ultima Underworld-ish
Amuletes and Armor
Demise of the Ku'tan
King's field
Dark Messiah of Might n Magic, heard its not really Ultima but some immersive sim stuff
any more Ultima Underworld-sh games?

Deus Ex type game ideas
played Alpha Proto
Strife and Darklight Mage checking them to
XIII played for a while, not rpg but some Deus ex ish gaming

Precursors, just trying it
White gold, hmm

What about Motelsoft, they make a lot of FPS,RPG combos, how are they, any immersive sim qualities?

Any other ideas for games from all over to check out would be cool.
--
To sum it up, I feel our space program ended up like this. "It's one small step for man. One giant leap for man kind. Oops I fell on my butt after that leap and can't get up anymore."

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 19th, 2018, 23:24
Simulators? Sim City, The Sims? Flight simulators? Space sims? I'm confused about what you're looking for.

I don't think any of these games are simulations?

Maybe try Starpoint Gemini Warlords

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

February 20th, 2018, 02:31
Given his examples it seems hes referring to 1st person RPG's as "Sims"

Definitely try Dark Messiah, its really good. I'm terrible at actually naming games tho. Now that people know what you are looking for I'm sure you'll get more detailed responses.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

February 20th, 2018, 03:06
Yeah, "sim games" can mean a lot, but…it it really doesn't mean first person roleplaying games.

Anyhow, some other games you might want to check out:
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Mount & Blade: Warband (all 3 current available games are more or less the same, Warband is commonly accepted as the best from how I get it)

Maybe also Dishonored / Dishonored 2, more of a sneaking / action game, but might fit your description as well.

Personally I'd also put the Fallout games into that range (Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Fallout 4)

If you add in Alpha Protocol which was 3rd person, I guess you could also consider Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Bard's Tale 4
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 20th, 2018, 03:18
You answered your own question there…anything that came out of Looking Glass studios and after.
Simulation/interaction with /of environment that creates more "open ended" gameplay. More recent well known titles, MGSV, Last Zelda and Far Cry games ( to extent) fit into this.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 20th, 2018, 04:05
immersive sim
Unlike squareroot(-1) that wording construct is useless and not understandable.
However similar to imaginary unit, it doesn't exist outside of your own imagination and forgive me for saying it, probably not even there.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

February 21st, 2018, 05:05
Yes immersive sim as talked about in gaming industry like the games I listed especially Ultima Underworld, Arx fatalis, Deus Ex and Thief.
What other games take design cues from them, especially lesser know ones. The ones you list I knew about thanks.
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
Yeah, "sim games" can mean a lot, but…it it really doesn't mean first person roleplaying games.

Anyhow, some other games you might want to check out:
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Mount & Blade: Warband (all 3 current available games are more or less the same, Warband is commonly accepted as the best from how I get it)

Maybe also Dishonored / Dishonored 2, more of a sneaking / action game, but might fit your description as well.

Personally I'd also put the Fallout games into that range (Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Fallout 4)

If you add in Alpha Protocol which was 3rd person, I guess you could also consider Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines
--
To sum it up, I feel our space program ended up like this. "It's one small step for man. One giant leap for man kind. Oops I fell on my butt after that leap and can't get up anymore."

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad

February 21st, 2018, 05:06
Yes, but looking for more that take design cues from those classics like the ones you listed. Any more you know please list them, thanks.
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
You answered your own question there…anything that came out of Looking Glass studios and after.
Simulation/interaction with /of environment that creates more "open ended" gameplay. More recent well known titles, MGSV, Last Zelda and Far Cry games ( to extent) fit into this.
--

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad

February 21st, 2018, 20:38
I still want adventures as "immersive sims".
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » rare immersive sim games