RPGWatch - We Are Back

Whew. :) Looks like break time is over, for both me and the server!

Something's still wrong though.... everytime you post a reply it leads me to a 505 page

Aye, welcome back! Great to have you back! Had a bit of an existential crisis for a while there, wondering what to do with my life :p

Something's still wrong though…. everytime you post a reply it leads me to a 505 page
It does? That does not happen for me. Anyone else with the problem?

No 505 here.
200.gif

It happened me me once yesterday. You can look at my double post in the Battle Brothers thread. I got some error message. Can't remember what it was, but I don't think it was 505. After I refreshed the page, it turns oit to have posted anyway, despite the error. Only happened once, though, yesterday.

Welcome back! :cheer:

Tried to log in earlier and couldn't. I had changed my password here since then, so it reverted back. The automated "forgot password" isn't working, fyi. I waited two days for a email.

Welcome back! :cheer:

Tried to log in earlier and couldn't. I had changed my password here since then, so it reverted back. The automated "forgot password" isn't working, fyi. I waited two days for a email.
I had also changed my password after the backup date but for me the "forgot password" function worked without problem. By the way: How could you wait two days when the site is back only since yesterday?

Actually, this is a bittersweet reunion

I created actual content, and it's gone!

Yeah, so much for my factions thread! Lol

Welcome back, one and all. Now get posting y'all, we've got some catching up to do :whip:

:dance:

Why not put out a call for donations? Losing the site for a few days is a good reminder to everyone about how great it is. I'm sure plenty of folks (including me) would be happy to chip in.

No 505 error here, but i do get a chrome message about the site not being safe. (might be an extension related problem/or https)

Welcome back! I just figured my offensive views finally got the site banned on grounds of crimes against humanity. Anyway!

Late to the party, no less thrilled to have you back, Watch! Thanks for putting up with all that, Myrthos!

I believe it is time to change to a better hosting provider... after all the crap that the old one put us through. Or maybe just go AWS / Azure ?

Also to change to a better means of backup like Ripper suggested.

It happened me me once yesterday. You can look at my double post in the Battle Brothers thread. I got some error message. Can't remember what it was, but I don't think it was 505. After I refreshed the page, it turns oit to have posted anyway, despite the error. Only happened once, though, yesterday.
Happened to me this morning too. After submitting my reply I got a blank page. Nothing on it, no error message, but I'm on an iPad, maybe that's different. Remembering Capt. Huggy Faces experience, I refreshed the posting page. Still got me nothing. I had to go back and refresh the thread page, to see my post posted.

Edit: posting this one went fine. The one that was causing difficulties was the thread The Dungeons of Castle Madness - New Patch.

Maybe the first reply on a newsbit creates the problem?

On the first reply the newsbit is transferred into the first post of the new news-thread.

News filter on the front page is operational again, for those who were using it. I suppose you have to set your preferences again, as the tables were empty.

Good to see you are back, it's years i follow you and it felt so wrong when there was no site when i clicked on my favourites rpgwatch link...

Back
Top Bottom