Blade of Unagi - Now on Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A crowdfunding campaign for the action RPG Blade of Unagi has been started:

Blade of Unagi is an action, role playing game where you fight to restore order by defeating the five ruling kings.

Built with Unity, incorporating Parallax Scrolling, Blade of Unagi is a technical marvel.

Developed by Black Sky Games, LLC, Blade of Unagi is an epic tale of purpose and destiny which sees the growth of the protagonist and his quest to save his world. In order to accomplish this task, he must confront the rulers of the world - five kings who were given their powers by five mystical eels.

Kibo, the protagonist, with his powerful blade must navigate the world and confront these adversaries, hoping to save the world in the process.

Blade of Unagi will be available for PC (Windows, Mac and Linux) and Nintendo Switch on Steam and Nintendo eShop
More information.

Built with Unity, incorporating Parallax Scrolling, Blade of Unagi is a technical marvel.

:biggrin:

EDIT: Check out the budget pie chart. :rotfl:

325k+ goal? Not sure if delusional.

:biggrin:
EDIT: Check out the budget pie chart. :rotfl:
Yeah this time I can laugh as the amount asked and how they will spend it.

90% Development & 10% Fees.:lol:

Moving on if it does get funded I might buy it when it's released.

bbd417591aba5384132df4a22bbe3659_original.jpeg

This is their third try on Kickstarter. Their first campaigns aren't available any more, but you can see the results on Kicktraq. They failed big time and have been cancelled.

Also the current campaign has already been running since April 24th and sits at $180 and 8 backers. It will fail again.

Looks fishy to me.

Edit: Looking forward to the answer to my comment.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I don't want to compound this idea that I'm just mean spirited to little Kick starters. I'm full of praise for the likes of Whalenought and Timeslip, who are honest and realistic about what they are, and the scope of the project. It's just these projects that are so clearly full of it, and hopelessly unrealistic, that I just can't take them seriously. And, I also think that they end up having a negative effect on the chances of deserving projects to get decent funding.

Boy, the Kickstarter bubble really has burst, hasn't it?

Built with Unity... Blade of Unagi is a technical marvel.
This statement is contradiction.
Additionally:
Blade of Unagi will be available for PC (Windows, Mac and Linux) and Nintendo Switch on Steam and Nintendo eShop
Get off my lawn.

Kick Starter is still a viable option, but it has always functioned better when the presentation is coherent, and looks to be done by professionals. I'd say this is even more a truism now than it was in the past.

Currently, the campaign funding (still) seems to be a whopping 0,04%. Not really suprising, totally unknown people asking for almost half a million canadian dollars with only some clunky animations and a few images to show for, trying to tell us that by using Unity and "parallax scrolling" (even websites have been doing that for years now) it will somehow be a "technical marvel" (and there is no indication that this is tongue in cheek)... Yeah, sure. Pass.

Back
Top Bottom