Witcher 3 Base game vs. expansion purchase question

The Witcher 3

bizorker

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor
So TW3 is on sale for ~$25 on steam. I was going to purchase. The expansion pack is not on sale. Any reason why I need to or should buy the expansion pack now with the core game purchase, or can I wait on that until it goes on sale. Thx.

I wouldn't worry about getting the expansion right away. TW3 is huge and will last most gamers weeks if not months. Use a price-watch site like Cheapshark to notify you when it drops to the price you want.

Is Hearts of Stone a 'post-game' sort of expansion, or can it be played as part of the main game?

Although I don't have it, I know it's separate from the main game. It won't mess up and turn upside down anything you do in the main game.

Thanks, Joxer. I'm not worried about it messing up the main game, it's just that if an expansion can be played as part of the main game, I like to do that.

From the Polygon review

Hearts of Stone can be played before or after completing the primary quest in The Witcher 3, but developer CD Projekt Red brilliantly included a stand-alone play option that grants the player with an appropriately leveled and geared character. This is perfect for folks who have been away from the game for a bit, and effectively avoids the frustration felt by Bloodborne players surrounding that game's expansion.

And CDP recommends to have a level 30+ Geralt before diving into HoS in case you wish to play this as a fork of the main game before finishing the main quest.

Thanks. Good info.

Great info guys. Thanks. I am going to buy base on sale and hopefully get a deal on expansion down the road before a level 30+ Geralt hopefully! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom