Horizon Zero Dawn - Coming this Summer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Playstation Blog During an interview with Herman Hulst, Head of PlayStation's Worldwide Studios, it was revealed that Horizon Zero Dawn will be coming to PC this summer.

PSB: Speaking of experimentation, there have been rumors of a Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition that might be coming to PC... can you confirm or deny that?
HH: Yes, I can confirm that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC this summer.... There will be more information coming from Guerrilla, from the new studio directors [Michiel van der Leeuw, JB van Beek, and Angie Smets] pretty soon.

PSB: PlayStation is no stranger to publishing titles on the PC, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of the largest games to make that leap. Is there anything you would say to PlayStation fans? What does it mean for the future?
HH: Sure. I think it's important that we stay open to new ideas of how to introduce more people to PlayStation, and show people maybe what they've been missing out on.

And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

[...]
More information.

Yeah, poor PS audience that lose an exclusive. They're welcome to be upset about that the day PC games stop having annoying consolized UI's that require you to click fourteen times to get to the character sheet. And don't even get me started on the inventories...

I own this game on my PS4, I've finished it and it's a great game! I can speak for myself only: I am neither upset nor angry because this game is finally going to PC platform; instead, I'm very happy for PC gamers because now they (well, me included since I do have a gaming PC as well) can finally play it. :)
And even on consoles, this game does not require a lot of button clicks to get to character's sheet or inventory screen.

Last edited:
and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

I also remain 100 % comitted to dedicated hardware : The PC platform.

No matter what anyone says, Sony has been releasing great exclusive games in this generation and I for one very glad to finally see Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. Not just for playing the game in 60 fps but also with keyboard and mouse. I hope they won't screw mouse support. Anyway I really want to see God of War, Bloodborne, Days Gone, Spiderman on PC also. With their open world approach (apart from Bloodborne of course) and xp skill mechanics, I'm sure there would be many people in this site who would enjoy them if they come to PC.

Omg those hunting trials would be so much less annoying with good keyboard/mouse controls...

Instant pre-order for me :biggrin:

I played this on PS4 but looking forward to playing this amazing game again on PC with ultrawide monitor support! I just hope they will do proper PC port and not half arse it.

I saw so many people crying on the PS4 forums etc about this gaming going to PC. I understand that people are tribal etc but this game is coming to PC after 3 years so who cares? And why are these morons being tribalistic towards a company of all things?

I consider myself a gamer first so if the game is good, I will even play it on a toaster!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition/

One of the very few PS4 titles I was aware of... great!!!

Deleted my previous post because I've peeked at comments on a couple of dozen sites with news including the blog…
Seems to me that some people have serious mental problems. Always thought videogames are a potential cure for anger issues, turns out now I was totally wrong. Some might say it's currently a trend to be mad at everyting and hate anything, but even then the whole negativity from platform fans as reaction to PCport news still feels unbelievable.

Anyone around who can explain it rationally? I'm stuck.

This is one of the best games I've ever played. I don't normally care much about the story in games, as I think gameplay is much more important. That being said, I thought the story in this game was one of the best I've seen in any game. I suggest you avoid any spoilers.

This is one of the best games I've ever played. I don't normally care much about the story in games, as I think gameplay is much more important. That being said, I thought the story in this game was one of the best I've seen in any game. I suggest you avoid any spoilers.

Too late for me, since I was sure I'd never play it I watched it on youtube 3 years ago. I still remember the main plot because it is awesome, but I plan to enjoy every minute of the game this summer :biggrin:

The number of people who are slathering over this game and stating they've already played it and loved every juicy moment of it...

… it should have made the top 50 list with extreme ease. You could have had this on the list instead of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Why didn't you people vote for it! You fools, YOU FOOLS!

AC:O would still deserve to be on a top 50 list.

As for this game I didn’t pick it up for PS4 because I don’t play ranged combat with a controller. If M&K support is decent I’ll definitely play it on PC.

Good game. Fun battles. But man does it have pacing issues. The last 1/4 of the game is a giant exposition dump courtesy of holograms that you stand and watch.

Also the climbing mechanics feel really old. Climbing mountains is a chore.

But still: good game.

… it should have made the top 50 list with extreme ease. You could have had this on the list instead of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Why didn't you people vote for it! You fools, YOU FOOLS!
But it will appear - in the next decade list. Because it's the PC release date we'll use… If we survive by then.
Every top50 game deserved to be there and that includes Odyssey. Subjectively I'd kick out phonegames and darksouls games, but I've said that the list is perfect for RPG newcomers who want to try different RPG designs and form a taste. In other words the rpgwatch's list, unlike topRPGs from other sites suggested by shallow, ignorant and mainstream shills, is highly useable which makes it the best out there.
As for this game I didn’t pick it up for PS4 because I don’t play ranged combat with a controller. If M&K support is decent I’ll definitely play it on PC.
Passed the news to a friend of mine who finished it on PS4 and he'll buy it on PC too. While I instantly shut down every chatty about mushroombased stuff, I remember the moment he enthused about the game claiming it's awsome but would have been even better if was possible to play it with k+m.
But man does it have pacing issues.
I'm unsure what does this mean.
If it's unskippable (boring) cutscenes, ports to PC usually add skip option. If not, well, I'll light another smoke while it's screening.

Back
Top Bottom