Wasteland 2 - Online Ranger Creation Toolkit

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A forum user by the name of Koth on the Wasteland 2 forums has posted a new Online Ranger Creation Toolkit for players to plan your builds in the game.

Features

• Create Individual Rangers
  • Add / Edit / Update rangers
  • Add NPC's to your squad
  • Add Premade characters. These are available from the NPC drop down. Premade characters function exactly the same as custom rangers, in that they all start at level 1, and that it is possible to edit their starting attributes and skills.
  • View Derived Stats as they update on attribute / skill change
  • Use the Squad View button to view the total of all your squad's stat's (useful to note total charisma) as well as view the maximum skill level of all your sqaud's skills. This can be used to identify potential skills that you may have missed in your squad configuration.
  • Able to level up both custom rangers and npcs to a maximum level of 99.
  • Able to de-level both customer rangers and npcs to a minimum level of 1 for custom rangers or the npc character's starting level
  • Ranger levelling is available only in Edit Mode. i.e. Must add a new custom ranger / npc first and then edit them to access the level up / de-level features
  • New 'View Level Progression' button / feature available on any character > level 1. This feature will display a slide control that will allow you to view that character's progression through the levels.
  • Build Exporting via 3 Export options for convenience sake to copy BBC Code for message boards and forums, HTML Link for websites and blogs and a Direct link for IM and EMail.
  • Build Importing via one of the previously exported links provided by the export feature above
New Build Features [October 14, 2014]

• Implemented hover tooltips for attributes and skill changes. Functions much as the in game tooltips. Will show any differences between the current cell value and the updated cell value with regards to derived stats. ex. Changing Intelligence from 3 to 8 will show a +2 increase in skill points per level.
  • Implemented better cell shading to help display which attributes / skills are purchasable with the points remaining, i.e. functions as per in game cell shading.
More information.

Awesome. This reminds me of character planners every aRPG has.

This is the kind of thing indie devs should put up before or on release of a new game. Great way to lure in the fence-sitters.

DA:O had this iirc, though not online.
Wonder why this hasn't become a default…

Because *I* never use those :)

What's the point of this, pray tell?
Isn't this for min/maxers?

The usefulness of this is dubious thanks to the companions. I had a grand plan for my party, which I promptly threw out as soon as I got my first companion...

Back
Top Bottom