Underworld Ascendant Box Edition

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Just wondering if any of you received your Underworld Ascendant boxed edition. I never got mine.

Surprised as they have a publisher to handle the physical boxed versions. At this point crowdfunded games should not offer these versions as they never go as planned.

Wow that's been some long wait, have you reached out to the company to check on the status?

I did look a bit online to see if maybe something has gone wrong with receiving this as it relates to me specifically. But from what I can tell, it seems there have been no shipments. What I mean is I can't find anything beyond their announcement a few months back that shipments were imminent (I completed an online form verifying my address) and since then nothing.

So I thought I'd ask around here to see if any of you received your box copies - that would tell me shipments in fact did go out but I just didn't get mine.

Been a long time since my last post, but I am finally able to enjoy some free time again!

The box version is not done yet. According to a February update from Otherside Entertainment, it should be ready around mid 2019.

Nothing as yet @TheMadGamer;. I'm doing my best to forget about it as the amount I spent supporting the game on kickstarter for the collectors edition is easily the most I've ever put down on a game. I don't think I'll ever get over the disappointment about how it turned out unfortunately, such is my love and attachment for the original two games.

This is a good thread to report back to though if something is received. I did get the T-shirt for it a couple of years back when they were sent out, not that I'd ever be seen publically in it. :)

Received an email this morning that they're intending to get the boxed editions out summer 2019. I was glad and relieved to get this news. After spending over $300 for a boxed edition for SotA which I never received, hopefully this won't be the case with UA.

Just thought I'd report back here that I finally received my "Collectors Edition" today. Sadly, it is merely a dvd case with different cover art, with a dvd and poor quality manual. The soundtrack cd contains only 8 tracks; all of which are very short and are of varying quality. Whilst the "parchment style map" and art portfolio is ok, the overall outcome leaves a lot to be desired when in consideration of the heritage of the original games. Ahh well, it is what it is I suppose. At least I can endeavour to play with all the expected goods in front of me.

That speaks high volumes how little pride they have. Even though the game failed, the company should not treat people who ordered the collector edition like that. But that is just the last nail to the coffin of Underworld Ascendant.

So two years late and at least $50 short.

Ouch man, that sounds like a complete let-down to me. I've still not played the game at all, and not sure I ever will. One of those few kick starter projects that I sincerely regret, and shall never forget.

I only backed UA for $35, so I didn't get a boxed edition. In hindsight, it was a good decision.

I'll be receiving a boxed collector's edition for System Shock though. Hopefully Nightdive does a much better job with theirs.

Last I heard, they'd laid off most of the staff, and sold the rights to System Shock to Tencent. I'm quite surprised to see people receive anything at all.

Last I heard, they'd laid off most of the staff, and sold the rights to System Shock to Tencent. I'm quite surprised to see people receive anything at all.

It sounds like you're talking about System Shock 3. I was referring to the System Shock remake being developed by Nightdive.

It sounds like you're talking about System Shock 3. I was referring to the System Shock remake being developed by Nightdive.

Yeah, hopefully that one works out. I was just referring to the folks that got their Underworld Ascendant collector's stuff. I'm quite surprised to see anything turn up, as Otherside look to be in bad shape.

Yeah, hopefully that one works out. I was just referring to the folks that got their Underworld Ascendant collector's stuff. I'm quite surprised to see anything turn up, as Otherside look to be in bad shape.

My bad, I misread that. Indeed, Otherside's chances for success at this point look dubious at best.

Back
Top Bottom