GOG - Eye of the Beholder Trilogy Free

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Eye of the Beholder Trilogy is free on GOG for the next couple of days. In addition there is a sale on Forgotten Realms games until 25th June.

Get ready to explore the deepest dungeons in the fantastic world of Faerûn. For the next 48H, the classic Eye of the Beholder Trilogy becomes a free giveaway on GOG.COM! That's not all, today we've prepared a Special Sale featuring classic D&D titles up to 75% off. Now you can relive the great classic adventures once more thanks to the titles like Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (-50%) or Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition (-50%).

Our Special Sale and giveaway are meant to prepare you for the grand D&D Live 2020: Roll w/ Advantage event that takes place online between 18th and 20th June 2020. During this time you will witness live D&D tabletop sessions featuring famous comedians, TV stars, sports personalities, and fantasy writers. All while raising money for Red Nose Day to help children affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.

So, prepare for a long and exciting journey! This Special Sale on GOG.Com will end on 25th June, 5 PM UTC, while the Eye of the Beholder Trilogy giveaway lasts 48H - until 19th June, 5 PM UTC. Note: Eye of the Beholder Trilogy has exactly the same content as the Forgotten Realms - The Archives - Collection One pack available on GOG.COM.

More information.

Good old times. These games have been my personal entrance into the world of role playing games.

Yeah, that's the stuff. This is the game that made me cobble together my first PC.

The sight of the box still pleases me.

Eye_of_the_Beholder_I_PC_box.jpeg

I did miss these when I was a kid. No internet and not living in the US meant you had to take what was shared in the schoolyard.

The first dungeon crawlers I played were Dungeon Master 2 and Lands of Lore. Loved them to death.

Yeah, that's the stuff. This is the game that made me cobble together my first PC.

The sight of the box still pleases me.

Eye_of_the_Beholder_I_PC_box.jpeg

Those SSI games nearly always had great box art. Plus, the manuals were pretty thick too and loved reading them.

Those SSI games nearly always had great box art. Plus, the manuals were pretty thick too and loved reading them.

Yep, reading the manual on the way home was one of the best parts. :]

The SSI box art was great - something about that AD&D frame around an atmospheric painting - it just seemed to promise so much.

11759.jpg

Last edited:
I bought these back in the day the moment they were released, and repeated the process once they hit great old games. If you've not played these, and the genre is at the least interesting to you, do yourself a huge favour and give them a try. Give yourself a chance to fall in love. =)

I did miss these when I was a kid. No internet and not living in the US meant you had to take what was shared in the schoolyard.

The first dungeon crawlers I played were Dungeon Master 2 and Lands of Lore. Loved them to death.
Good point. I wasn't in the US and didn't have internet. No idea how I got it. I'm also sure I didn't buy it. Musst have been divine intervention

Good point. I wasn't in the US and didn't have internet. No idea how I got it. I'm also sure I didn't buy it. Musst have been divine intervention

Were these not officially released in Europe? We definitely had them in the UK by some means.

Were these not officially released in Europe? We definitely had them in the UK by some means.
I know my big brothers had them, but am unsure if the copies were bought... This was in Sweden. I know they bought black crypt though, since I accidentally destroyed the game.

EotB I was probably the first game I bought. So much nostalgia, it's watering my eyes.

I replayed it a few years back, in a window with up-scaling, with a self-updating map in another window (IIRC), and other few helps, it was great.

Fun story : I didn't understand English at that age, so I just clicked around to understand how to play, and I didn't understand what "miss" meant when clicking on a weapon, so I just drag and doped them on the monsters, since that seemed to hurt them. But I think it did only 1 pt of damage, so I ended throwing everything I had, rations included on the mobs...

(same problem in another game that was asking for "ammo", which wasn't in my dictionary...)

Comes with the clue books...in case you need it you know...

Just a reminder that if you want to play these classics again, you might want to avail yourself with automapping via All-Seeing Eye: https://ase.zorbus.net/

EotB I was probably the first game I bought. So much nostalgia, it's watering my eyes.

I replayed it a few years back, in a window with up-scaling, with a self-updating map in another window (IIRC), and other few helps, it was great.

Fun story : I didn't understand English at that age, so I just clicked around to understand how to play, and I didn't understand what "miss" meant when clicking on a weapon, so I just drag and doped them on the monsters, since that seemed to hurt them. But I think it did only 1 pt of damage, so I ended throwing everything I had, rations included on the mobs...

(same problem in another game that was asking for "ammo", which wasn't in my dictionary...)
Haha, pretty similar for me, however my older brothers were playing it so I learned some of how to play from them, even though I understood almost nothing. :D

Back
Top Bottom