Baldur's Gate 3 Random News - Page 9 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Baldur's Gate III » Baldur's Gate 3 Random News

Default Baldur's Gate 3 Random News

February 27th, 2021, 03:01
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I played a bit with the new patch. Is it my imagination or does it look better? The lighting seems better. Things looks more crisp (and I had textures and models set to medium b/c when last I played, my performance wasn't very good)
The patch notes said they improved visuals.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

February 27th, 2021, 04:22
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
The patch notes said they improved visuals.
Well, kudos to them because from the bit I played, it was readily apparent.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

February 27th, 2021, 11:36
I also started a new playthrough with a druid. With a friend this time who has not played it before. Loving it. The reactions are fun to follow This game is my favorite new game since Kingmaker. One thing I am still missing quite dearly (very minor spoilers):

Spoiler

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 27th, 2021, 17:55
Also enjoy the Druid. It won't be my main/canon when the game comes out, I already know that will be my Drow Rogue, but they did a nice job on the details. I become more and more impressed with the game and all the attention they give it. So many options and things to do. Also a very impressive EA experience overall. I have played released games that aren't as polished as this one.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 3rd, 2021, 04:39
Been playing for a bit (level 3 now) although left my Druid at level 2 and went back t my Drow Rogue as he is so much fun to play. Plus I wanted to compare to key things in the game to see if they changed - Dealing with Kharga (sp?) the druid, and dealing with Nellie (or is it Nettie).

I had a lot of different options in general with the druids as a druid. So that changed interactions with both of them. But I know they had complaints about how both those interactions were so took my rogue though it again.

So they did change some things, gave more options in dialogue, lowered the roll difficulty, and how the dialogue paths are laid out. A little disappointed in making it easier but on the other hand most people were re-rolling those from their stats and the way they added more stuff was plausible and made sense.

4th time during the druid grove and finding some more stuff. Don't think they added it with the patches either - just stuff I didn't think to explore or missed talking with someone. Really a lot you can do there.

I gave up on the ranger simply because I don't like how your animal companion is a summons. Doesn't feel right. So would say Rogue is favorite.
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 3rd, 2021, 08:42
Rogue is my favorite too but it can't polymorph to a badger! Nothing beats that. Nothing.

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2021, 09:48
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post

I gave up on the ranger simply because I don't like how your animal companion is a summons. Doesn't feel right. So would say Rogue is favorite.
Agreed. I hope thats something Larian change.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

March 5th, 2021, 12:51
Hotfix #8 has been released by Larian.
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/…53890954313695

With this hotfix we've addressed some of the most common crashing issues, a few dialogue trigger points getting stuck, and an issue with inventory being empty after pickpocketing a party member. And please note if you are experiencing crashes on startup or getting an error message about .pak files when loading savegames, please verify your files.

To access the latest updates to the game, make sure you have opted out of all beta branches on Steam and have your game set to automatically update. This will bring through the most up to date version of the game for you.

Changelist:
  • Fixed certain dialogue trigger checkpoints not working or getting stuck. This was related to being in Wild Shape while triggering dialogues.
  • Fixed a possible crash when saving.
  • Fixed a crash related to a VRAM leak.
  • Fixed a crash related to PhysX materials.
  • Fixed a crash when viewing tooltips by hovering over combatants while someone joins or leaves the game.
  • Fixed a rare crash when entering character creation.
  • Fixed a rare crash when an object falls into a chasm.
  • Fixed a crash related to incorrect or corrupted game files.
  • Fixed a crash related to closing containers if too many were opened by pressing escape quickly.
  • Fixed empty inventory after pickpocketing a party member.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

March 15th, 2021, 14:57
Well seems granny loves playing the game.

Grandma Plays Baldur's Gate 3

loading…
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If Itís The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)

March 15th, 2021, 15:02
Baldur's Gate 3 VS DoS 2: A Detailed Comparison!

loading…
Baldur's Gate 3 VS DoS 2: A Detailed Comparison! Should you play BG3 or Divinity Original Sin? We'll be comparing Baldur's Gate 3 and Divinity Original Sin 2 and talking about the similarities of the two games as well as the differences to enlighten you of what you can expect. Both games are made by Larian Studios and share some common assets, but just how similar are they?
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If Itís The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
+1:

March 15th, 2021, 16:44
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Baldur's Gate 3 VS DoS 2: A Detailed Comparison!
Had submitted that one not long ago for the news, good to see you spotted it too It's pretty interesting even if that's a "quick" overview, and it wasn't an easy task because it's comparing quite two different systems when it comes to combat.

The safest conclusion should probably be: if you didn't like D:OS2, you shouldn't like BG3 too much, but that's the "half-empty glass" approach so it's not politically correct And the other way round is not obvious unfortunately, but we knew that. Personally I like both even if sometimes they put my teeth on edge with the AoE (Fextralife says they're mostly absent in BG3 but I strongly disagree with that).

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Baldur's Gate III » Baldur's Gate 3 Random News