Pillars of Eternity II - Review @ Mortismal Gaming - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity II - Review @ Mortismal Gaming

Default Pillars of Eternity II - Review @ Mortismal Gaming

March 10th, 2021, 19:42
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I've never desired to play any of these games (PoE, Pathfinder, etc) in turn-based mode, but I can understand why it appeals to some people.

Personally, I like the chaos of RTwP. Plus you can always slow it down if you need to.
I didn't think I did as well…but when I did I started to notice how some skills helped etc and it wasn't chaos trying to figure it out.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

March 10th, 2021, 21:09
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
I find Obsidian to be massively variable.
The Mask of the Betrayer was at best "goodish".
But, but MotB was awesome. The next best thing to Planescape Torment we'll ever have. (Don't mention Torment- Tides of Numenera, please).
--
blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
Bothka:
Ihr habt solche DRM Shops groß gemacht, indem ihr Steam als Vorreiter groß gemacht habt. Ihr könnt also mal alle gepflegt die Gusch' halten.

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

March 10th, 2021, 21:51
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
But, but MotB was awesome. The next best thing to Planescape Torment we'll ever have. (Don't mention Torment- Tides of Numenera, please).
It felt like far too much jammed in. It would have been better as its own game, with room to breath, not as a messy NWN2 module.
The whole package didn't gell very well for me. Its execution was uneven. It's "great writing" was frequently betrayed by its method of exposition - things like finding notes in a cave that explain everything, gimme a break. Systems jammed in that are more of a distraction than anything else in an expansion of that length.
After everyone on the Codex having such a great big wank over its awesomeness, maybe I had too high expectations, but most of it felt like any promising downloadable module made by one of the better amateur creators.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity II - Review @ Mortismal Gaming